Windows 10: Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10

Discus and support Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect to a remote computer using Invoke-Command while running an elevated Powershell ise. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyler L. Campbell, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10

I'm trying to connect to a remote computer using Invoke-Command while running an elevated Powershell ise. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and my scripts no longer work and are giving me an Access is denied error. Here is a test script I've been using to try and resolve the issue.$Creds = Import-CliXml -Path "C:\Install\PowerCreds\Cred.xml"Invoke-Command -ComputerName $Computer -Credential $Creds -ScriptBlock {Test-Path "\\network\File\Location\"This is working just fine on my secondary computer with Windows 10. I cloned my Windows 10 computer to a new computer to test Windows 11 in our envir

:)

Tyler L. Campbell, Jul 23, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2024
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10 :)

4. jack63ss Win User

Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10

LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied.

I am trying to share a folder on a LAPTOP. I have other a number of other systems that have folders Shared and they work fine, but with this one I get the error "LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied." when I try to access it from a different Win10 system. So I went thru the entire "How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10" tutorial step by step. File and Print Sharing is enabled, SMB1.0 client & server are running, and Everyone has Full Access to the Share. Still get the error. I have tried it with the Network Public and Private, with the same result. Any suggestions ? Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

jack63ss, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10

1. Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Invoke command Access

2. Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invoke-command Access denied on Windows 11 but works with Windows 10: I'm trying to connect to a remote computer using Invoke-Command while running an elevated Powershell ise. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and my scripts no longer work and are giving me an Access is denied error. Here is a test script I've been using to try and resolve the...
  3. Access Denied on ren command in cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied on ren command in cmd: whenever i go into cmds and run it as admin, i type in cd c:\usersthen i do ren bartl "Bartlomiej Dudzik"but i get an Access Denied pop up???any tips or fixes?...
  4. Command Prompt Access denied to Administrator in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt Access denied to Administrator in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]While accessing the Command Prompt on Windows 11/10, if you get Access is denied error, here is how you can get rid of the issue. At times, this in-built utility may be blocked by the administrator or malware or adware. If so, you can go through these steps to get the...
  5. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  6. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  7. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Access denied in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  9. Access Denied on Open Commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Denied on Open Commands: On trying to input command as recommended in error handling Windows Update-Error 0x80080005, The command I input was "ren c:\\windows\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old " and I get an Access Denied Message. How do I rectify this error? Thanks, Sabari....
  10. Command prompt Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt Access denied: Ive tried changing the cmd settings for full control in System32 and "Run as Administrator" option. I just cant get the cd command through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-access-denied/db457794-9d05-43ec-8435-b3da93e59911