Windows 10: internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...

Discus and support internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Regarly I find out that is is only happening coming out of sleep standby mode. I try to reconnect to wifi again but it don't improve. The only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ruig1, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:12 AM.

1. Ruig1 Win User

internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...

Regarly I find out that is is only happening coming out of sleep standby mode. I try to reconnect to wifi again but it don't improve. The only option is te restart and everything works fine. What hardware or adapter is causing this?

:)

2. How do I re-enable my modern standby sleep mode (S0)?

Modern standby (S0) is indeed designed to allow for faster wake times, which can be convenient for many users. However, one drawback is that it doesn't allow the PC to fully shut down, which means it may continue consuming some power even when in sleep mode. Additionally, some users have reported issues with laptops becoming excessively hot when placed in their backpacks while in modern standby mode.

On the other hand, S3 sleep mode is a deeper sleep state where the system is essentially powered down, resulting in lower power consumption. While wake times may be slightly longer compared to modern standby, S3 can be preferable for those who prioritize power efficiency and want to ensure their laptop doesn't generate excess heat during periods of inactivity. Here are the steps to enable Modern standby:

1. Open Registry Editor:
      • Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
      • Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    2. Navigate to the Power Settings:
      • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:

3. Modify the Registry Key:
      • Look for the PlatformAoAcOverride key.
      • If it exists, right-click on it and select Delete.
      • If it does not exist, you can skip this step.
    4. Enable Modern Standby:
      • Open an elevated Command Prompt (right-click on Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator").
      • Enter the following command to delete the registry entry that disables Modern Standby:

5. Restart Your Computer:
      • Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Verify Modern Standby (S0) is Enabled

1. Open Command Prompt:
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    2. Run Power Configuration Command:
      • Type the following command and press Enter:

• This command will list the available sleep states. Look for "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)" to confirm that Modern Standby is enabled.
    Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional assistance. I'm here to help!

Munkhbayar B., Sep 30, 2024 at 7:17 AM
  3. notification during standby mode / sleep mode

From the problem of Wi-Fi turn off during standby mode/sleep time, how come i can get any notification if i connect to wifi ?? and any issue this problem happening if connect thru 3G mode or data connection ??

Farist Tamasoleng, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:17 AM
  4. internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...

Issues coming out of sleep mode

My laptop (Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1) has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include:

• Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot
    • Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen of death before finally rebooting OK
    • Coming out of sleep mode having all my programs shut down
    • Not recognizing my USB mouse / keyboard coming out of sleep mode.

Any ideas? Rebooting every time and loading up all my work twice a day is very frustrating.

Thema:

internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...

1. internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s... - Similar Threads - internet surfacebook very

2. internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...: Regarly I find out that is is only happening coming out of sleep standby mode. I try to reconnect to wifi again but it don't improve. The only option is te restart and everything works fine. What hardware or adapter is causing this?...
  3. internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet on surfacebook is very slow after coming out of sleeping or standby mode. Mb/s...: Regarly I find out that is is only happening coming out of sleep standby mode. I try to reconnect to wifi again but it don't improve. The only option is te restart and everything works fine. What hardware or adapter is causing this?...
  4. Laptop bluescreens after coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop bluescreens after coming out of sleep mode: Hi,For a while now I have the problem that my laptop always bluescreens right after coming out of sleep mode. Problem is, it seems the BCOD is zoomed in for some reason?, so I can't read the stop code or scan the QR code that's usually displayed. Not sure what the issue is.In...
  5. Laptop bluescreens after coming out of sleep mode

Laptop bluescreens after coming out of sleep mode: Hi,For a while now I have the problem that my laptop always bluescreens right after coming out of sleep mode. Problem is, it seems the BCOD is zoomed in for some reason?, so I can't read the stop code or scan the QR code that's usually displayed. Not sure what the issue is.In...
  6. Laptop bluescreens after coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  8. Issues coming out of sleep mode

Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...