Windows 10: Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

Discus and support Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! So not sure if this is the cause, but I recently got a new monitor 4k Ultra Wide LG, and pretty much since then, whenever I get on online games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chloe Ciesielka, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

Hi! So not sure if this is the cause, but I recently got a new monitor 4k Ultra Wide LG, and pretty much since then, whenever I get on online games and discord, my connection to these both will stop after about 5-10 minutes. It did happen before I got this monitor maybe once every other night, but it's happening a lot more since. Reaaally annoying, especially for games where dodging is penalized. This issue happens both when connected by Ethernet cable and WIFI. I have:- Troubleshot the Network and Internet shows no issues, sometimes shows connected but possibly low connectivity- Updated

:)

Chloe Ciesielka, Jul 25, 2024
  2. ghcBuG Win User

Internet disconnects frequently while playing steam games

Yes, I can confirm that both the computer which I am starting the game on, and another computer, gets a Ping Timeout.

What happens is, i start the game. As soon as i do anything that interferes with the internet (e.g. loading up the Servers list to join a game, or sometimes i even get into the game, but gets disconnected too quick for me to start playing)

ghcBuG, Jul 26, 2024
  3. Internet disconnecting when playing online games

My internet which is connected to the school is disconnecting when i play online games on my desktop. Browser games work fine but games that need installation like league of legends and fortnite disconnect every few minutes or every 30 minutes, it is random.
    I can watch twitch, youtube and browse with absolutely no issues, i can watch on good quality. My ping is usually fine when i play these games but i just disconnect at certain times. It might be because my DNS server is not responding but ive searched how
    to fix that issue and nothing happened. Please help

alexthegreatYR, Jul 26, 2024
  4. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Do you get any error message when the internet disconnects?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to connect through wired connection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open click on View All located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you

further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

1. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games - Similar Threads - Internet keeps disconnecting

2. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games: Hi! So not sure if this is the cause, but I recently got a new monitor 4k Ultra Wide LG, and pretty much since then, whenever I get on online games and discord, my connection to these both will stop after about 5-10 minutes. It did happen before I got this monitor maybe once...
  3. Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when playing online games: Hi! So not sure if this is the cause, but I recently got a new monitor 4k Ultra Wide LG, and pretty much since then, whenever I get on online games and discord, my connection to these both will stop after about 5-10 minutes. It did happen before I got this monitor maybe once...
  4. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi board disconnects when i play online games: Hi, a few years ago i broke my computers screen so i had to go get it fixed, but when it came back i didnt have access to wifi neither my home wifi or wifi close by it just showed there wasnt anyting on the wifi thing but my brother fixed it by updating the graphic board. It...
  5. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi board disconnects when i play online games: Hi, a few years ago i broke my computers screen so i had to go get it fixed, but when it came back i didnt have access to wifi neither my home wifi or wifi close by it just showed there wasnt anyting on the wifi thing but my brother fixed it by updating the graphic board. It...
  6. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

7. MY INTERNET IS DISCONNECTING WHILE PLAYING ONLINE GAMES LIKE POINT BLANK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY INTERNET IS DISCONNECTING WHILE PLAYING ONLINE GAMES LIKE POINT BLANK: WHEN I'M TRYING TO PLAY POINT BLANK IT'S SO LAGGY THEN LIKE ABOUT 3 TO 5 MINUTES IT'S STARTED TO DISCONNECTED, THEY SAY CONNECTION ABORTED OR DISCONNECTED FROM A SERVER, IF I'M USING OUR WIFI, OUR WIFI SPEED IS FAST AND MY COMPUTER IS ALSO GOOD CAUSE I JUST UPGRADED THIS...
  8. 5ghz disconnecting when playing online games

5ghz disconnecting when playing online games: I recently built a new computer for gaming and also bought an ac wireless adapter usb for wifi, however when connected to 5ghz the wifi will disconnect as soon as i launch into a game and only connect when i return back to the lobby. this doesnt happen with 2.4ghz but i get...
  9. Internet disconnect when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnect when playing online games: Hi, I know this issue has happened to a lot of users so I look for the solutions to it in Microsoft hub but then none of the suggested worked. Maybe because my situation is different. So, here's the thing: This issue came across my laptop 2 days ago when I wanted to play...
  10. Internet disconnecting when playing online games

Internet disconnecting when playing online games: My internet which is connected to the school is disconnecting when i play online games on my desktop. Browser games work fine but games that need installation like league of legends and fortnite disconnect every few minutes or every 30 minutes, it is random. I can watch...