Windows 10: Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...

Discus and support Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last couple of days, my internet has been disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. It works perfectly fine and then cuts off for a couple of seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FM_051, Jun 9, 2024.

1. FM_051 Win User

Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...

For the last couple of days, my internet has been disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. It works perfectly fine and then cuts off for a couple of seconds. I ran Windows Troubleshoot and this is what it told me : Root cause: This computer is continuously switching between two or more wireless routers or access points Detailed root cause: Excessive roaming between access points, within a profile or a preferred network Repair option: Select one preferred network Windows Help and Support can provide more information about how to prevent your computer from continuously switching between wireless rou

:)

FM_051, Jun 9, 2024

2. "Excessive roaming"

Hi,

I have connected my laptop to the wifi, but it shows no internet. Whereas, other devices connected to the same wifi have the internet access. After I got the troubleshooting report on my laptop, the detailed root cause is given as "Excessive roaming". Can
    you please help me with the solution to fix it.

TanyaGupta2, Jun 9, 2024
  3. Sparry Win User
    Excessive Roaming Problem

Everything was working fine until a week ago when my laptop started to continually lose my wifi connection. I thought the problem might have been caused by a new Amazon Fire stick that I had installed recently and so I disconnected that from my TV but the
    disconnections continued. Then I thought the recent Creator update might have done it so I uninstalled that but, again, I kept losing my connection. and have to run the Window Network Diagnostic tool. It fixes the problem temporarily but after a few hours
    it recurs. I have also re-booted my router, updated my network adapter driver and followed some other suggestions that flushed out settings using the command prompt at an elevated level. None of these fixed the problem permanently.

When I look at the 'report' that the wireless network diagnostics I see the 'detailed root cause' is excessive roaming (between access points, within a profile or a preferred network. The repair option shown is 'Select one preferred network' but it does
    not specify how I can do this nor why things should have changed from one week ago.

I should add that 2 other Windows 10 laptops in the house and connected to the same router do not have any problems connecting to the same network (same SSID).

Can anyone throw any light on my problem?

Sparry, Jun 9, 2024
  4. Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...

"Excessive roaming"

Hey,

Thank you for helping me with the solution. I tried to change the roaming aggression but it still shows no internet access. Could you please suggest some other way to fix it.

TanyaGupta2, Jun 9, 2024
Thema:

Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...

1. Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching... - Similar Threads - Internet connectivity problems

2. Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...: For the last couple of days, my internet has been disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. It works perfectly fine and then cuts off for a couple of seconds. I ran Windows Troubleshoot and this is what it told me : Root cause: This computer is continuously switching between two or...
  3. Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connectivity problems Excessive roaming, This computer is continuously switching...: For the last couple of days, my internet has been disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. It works perfectly fine and then cuts off for a couple of seconds. I ran Windows Troubleshoot and this is what it told me : Root cause: This computer is continuously switching between two or...
  4. "Excessive roaming"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Excessive roaming": Hi, I have connected my laptop to the wifi, but it shows no internet. Whereas, other devices connected to the same wifi have the internet access. After I got the troubleshooting report on my laptop, the detailed root cause is given as "Excessive roaming". Can you please...
  5. Internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection problem: Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit to get help for this but, yesterday my internet was working just fine, after about 5 hours I came back home and my internet didnt work. My PC is connected to the router or modem or whatever that thing is called that was provided...
  6. Continual loss of internet connection and camera reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continual loss of internet connection and camera reset: Each time I want to participate in a Zoom call I have to go device manager and uninstall the camera drivers then restart the lap top otherwise I get a message saying "Can't find your Camera". I'm assuming this is a problem in software and not the Dell laptop but maybe you...
  7. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively: Hello. First, sorry for my terrible English. I have problem with my connection. I got higher ping than usual, more than 240 (i checked with CMD), but when i check Task Manager there are no apps that consume my bandwith excessively. I try to check the connection with my...
  8. problem with internet connection

problem with internet connection: I know that my internet settings are correct but when I click on the Internet Explorer, the tab appears but it is listed on top of the “Start” tab with a small search window revealed below. The web page fails to connect automatically. How can I fix it?...
  9. Problems connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems connecting to the internet: I turned my computer off when browsing on Chrome. When I turned it back on it didn't have wifi. I have used the troubleshooter and done the step's on Microsoft's website. Still nothing. Do you guys know why?...
  10. continue install without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continue install without internet connection?: i'm having wifi problems. i previously downloaded the windows 10 update and it was installing. had to abort. came back later and i want to find the downloaded windows 10 update to then install. i can only find the assistant that starts all over, with the download. but i have...