Windows 10: internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't...

Discus and support internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i've been having this issue for a couple of months now but recently it's been getting harder to ignore. as the title states, at random points... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saona Cotterell, Sep 28, 2024 at 7:57 AM.

1. internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't...

i've been having this issue for a couple of months now but recently it's been getting harder to ignore. as the title states, at random points throughout the day my laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet for no reason. then as i try to reconnect, it'll show as "no wi-fi networks are available". most of the time i have to restart my laptop 3 times just to be able to connect. this is especially annoying as i play online games nearly every day, and it has happened mid-game several times before. the confusing part is that this does not happen to my phone, nor anyone else's devices in the hous

:)

Saona Cotterell, Sep 28, 2024 at 7:57 AM

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell (Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770) with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:

One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly disconnects, I go to Device Manager, and notice the Realtek Network Adapter has totally disappeared from the list (with no option to reenable, even after finding it in Hidden devices).

I have to go through these two steps in this order to bring back internet.

1. Restart Computer
    2. and then Restart Modem Router. ( I do restart modem by unplugging/plugging back in).
    If the ethernet disconnects, Restarting the Modem won't work. Neither will Restarting Computer work. It has two be those two steps above in that specific order. I'm curious if having this resolution path, to understand why ethernet adapter disappears. If you can help target or specify why its occurring?

Already attempted this: and the problem still continues

1. Updated Dell Drivers
    2. Windows Update
    3. Network Adapter Troubleshooter
      internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't... [​IMG]

4. (a) Network Reset and (b) tried manually uninstalling/reinstalling network drivers separately
      internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't... [​IMG]

5. Tried manually downloading the software drivers at Realtek website Oops!
    6. Replace cable just in case, but the other computer in home does not have internet randomly disconnect
    7. Tried:
    1. Disable these three in Device Manager: (a) Energy Efficient Internet (b) Green Ethernet (c) Wake on Magic Packet
    I use the modem with another computer, and no issues whatsoever, until I got a new computer.

Note: this is different from previous question, since its looking at a problem/diagnosis path, rather power management settings.

MarkSmith201, Sep 28, 2024 at 8:17 AM
  3. ZakariaAD Win User
    Internet keeps disconnecting

Hello.

I have an asus laptop, with windows 10, or 11. I'm not sure.

My internet keeps on randomly disconnecting, and when I try to reconnect to my Wi-Fi, it says "couldn't connect to network."

4. internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't...

my laptop won`t connect to internet

my apps and browser cannot connect to internet and i tryed wifi and ethernet both but still it doesn`t work

but when i connect my phone to my laptop with the cable and turn on the hotspot

it connects to the internet

what should i do to fix it?

mahdi abedini, Sep 28, 2024 at 8:17 AM
Thema:

internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't...

1. internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't... - Similar Threads - internet connection laptop

2. internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection on my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. doesn't...: i've been having this issue for a couple of months now but recently it's been getting harder to ignore. as the title states, at random points throughout the day my laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet for no reason. then as i try to reconnect, it'll show as "no wi-fi...
  3. Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly: Please move the "Ask a question" somewhere else. Took me hours before I realized it was herehttps://youtu.be/3E2L6ON-DksMy internet keeps disconnecting, no networks show, but randomly my ethernet, which is my only internet connection, keeps appearing and disappearing,...
  4. Various random BSODs throughout the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  5. Random PC resets throughout the day

Random PC resets throughout the day: I just bought this PC and Ive been getting random PC restarts multiple times a day. I checked the temps figuring it was overheating and the cooler wasnt well attached or something but the pc has stayed below 50 degrees. I checked and updated drivers but that hasnt helped. I...
  6. Random black screens throughout the day

Random black screens throughout the day: Why the pc is in idle using discord/watching youtube random black screens occur. I get no warning to it,it's instant.The screen goes black and then the PC restarts. This started happening after I reinstalled windows I changed my motherboard and CPU and I wanted to...
  7. How To Create Random Alarms Throughout The Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Create Random Alarms Throughout The Day: Hello, So I'm looking for a simple idea of how to create 2 random alarms within two certain time frames which pop up a customizable message box on the screen. So let's take this case: I want the first alarm to happen at a random time in between 9:00AM to 10:00AM, and the...
  8. Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Random BSODs Throughout The Day: Attachment 69824 Hi All, As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs...
  9. BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day

BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day: Hello, I am getting a BSOD at somewhat random points throughout the day when using my computer. It doesn't seem to occur when I do a particular task and I haven't been stressing the computer at all, just general internet browsing and editing word documents. I had this...
  10. Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day

Computer Crashes at Random Intervals Throughout the Day: My computer has been constantly crashing a few times a day for a few months now and I have not found out what the issue is. Im thinking that it has to do with a hardware malfunction because it seems like my drivers are working fine and are up to date. Attachment...