Windows 10: Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound

Discus and support Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is giving audio issues. When a USB soundbar or analog headset is plugged in, the sound goes through either of those devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liam Vendeville, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound

I have a laptop that is giving audio issues. When a USB soundbar or analog headset is plugged in, the sound goes through either of those devices without issue, but the internal speakers produce no sound. The internal speakers show in Playback Devices and Device Manager, and when you go to test the playback I can even see the green audio bar going up and down.

Here's what I've tried so far:

o sfc /scannow -in case of system file corruption found and repaired errors

o DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - completed successfully

o Uninstalled all audio devices from Device Manager and rebooted computer

o Updated system audio drivers to the latest versions

o Disabled all other playback devices except the internal Realtek speakers with them set as default

o Ran the Windows sound troubleshooter

o Checked internal speakers for corrosion, broken cable, loose connection, etc. everything looked fine as far as I could tell

All of which did not change the issue, and the speakers still show up as working but produce no sound. Any advice would be much appreciated.

:)

Liam Vendeville, Apr 1, 2021

2. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Apr 1, 2021
  3. speakers will not produce sound

Let's start with standard troubleshooting steps with Audio first

Please refer to this Microsoft link and execute the steps.

Help Link -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

The steps are -

Run Windows Audio Troubleshooter

Update / Uninstall Driver

Check cables, volume

Set default device

Turn off Audio Enhancements

Try different audio formats

You can also execute following additional steps

Check Speaker / headphone is not disabled and is set as default

Type Sound in Windows Start Seach box > Click Sound > Under Playback tab, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices > Select Speaker and click on Properties and make sure that it is is enabled > You may also
    check if the Speaker that you are using is set as default.

E for Excel, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound

Bluetooth speakers paired but not showing in Sound - Playback

If you right click, are you set to show both Disabled Devices and Disconnected Devices?...

Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound

1. Internal laptop speakers show in Playback Devices, but produce no sound - Similar Threads - Internal laptop speakers

2. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  3. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  4. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  6. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  7. No sound showing in playback device

8. Playback speaker sound

Playback speaker sound: I have a lenovo laptop, an excellent product. However, I have a very strange problem with audio playback on the speakers, I can hardly hear the playback from Pandora, or other web sites. I've used the troubleshooter, made sure I have the right driver. etc. When I perform...
  9. Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.

Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.: Okay, so about 2 hours ago I was in a teamspeak. Suddenly my microphone and headset cut out, immediately I right clicked the sound icon and selected 'playback devices' there were three icons I didn't recognise one was a speaker that said 'Xsplit audio renderer' Another was...
  10. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...