Windows 10: Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

Discus and support Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My internal keyboard and touchpad do not work on my touchscreen laptop arter recent screen repair where the entire top part of the computer was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Algot S, Sep 25, 2024 at 5:42 PM.

1. Algot S Win User

Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

My internal keyboard and touchpad do not work on my touchscreen laptop arter recent screen repair where the entire top part of the computer was switched. Did not work for 2 days arter repair, worked randomly once, did not work after the next boot. Keyboard still lights up during first phase of the boot, then doesn't work no keys work. External keyboard and mice work. Capslock light is turned on the internal keyboard when pressing capslock on on-screen keyboard with touch. Tried checking if I had some other language. Tried troubleshoot in cmd. Tried deleting and reinstall drivers. Tried run-&

:)

2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

4. Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Hi,

I have an hp pavilion laptop ( which i upgraded to windows 11 last Dec) and lately when i start up the computer the keyboard and touchpad doesn't work. And I am only able log in through lock screen using touchscreen keyboard. Once I logged in I restarted the computer but then even touchscreen stopped working and I was unable to log in, so i had to switch off using power button. This problem doesn't happen if i am starting up the computer first time for the day. Also i tried hardware diagnostics in the start up menu, I am able to use keyboard, touchscreen and touchpad while i am accessing the start up menu, so no problems are diagnosed. Can anyone help? Restoring probably won't work cause both restore points are after the time when this problem started. I have recently updated on 24th and 26th apr but problem started before updates. I have updated drivers to the latest version.

ashwinsanthosh1, Sep 25, 2024 at 5:46 PM
Thema:

Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

1. Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop? - Similar Threads - Internal keyboard touchpad

2. Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal keyboard and touchpad not working on my touchscreen laptop?: My internal keyboard and touchpad do not work on my touchscreen laptop arter recent screen repair where the entire top part of the computer was switched. Did not work for 2 days arter repair, worked randomly once, did not work after the next boot. Keyboard still lights up...
  3. internal keyboard and usb keyboard not working on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal keyboard and usb keyboard not working on my laptop.: internal keyboard and usb kekboard not working on my laptop. i try to keyboard driver uninstall for solution but it's not working. this problem start since 1 month . after several time of restart this problem solve for an hour. but after an hour or starting time of windows...
  4. internal keyboard and usb keyboard not working on my laptop.

internal keyboard and usb keyboard not working on my laptop.: internal keyboard and usb kekboard not working on my laptop. i try to keyboard driver uninstall for solution but it's not working. this problem start since 1 month . after several time of restart this problem solve for an hour. but after an hour or starting time of windows...
  5. internal keyboard and usb keyboard not working on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  7. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  8. My internal keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internal keyboard not working: My internal keyboard not working. And my bluetooth icon not displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-keyboard-not-working/19c1ed3f-9821-44b4-a535-e0d4c6b624a8
  9. My internal keyboard not working

My internal keyboard not working: My internal keyboard not working. And my bluetooth icon not displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-keyboard-not-working/19c1ed3f-9821-44b4-a535-e0d4c6b624a8
  10. laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working: Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes. Solutions tried: rebooted removed and replaced main battery attached USB keyboard hit...