Windows 10: Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

Discus and support Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my gaming laptop isnt using the full potential out of my dedicated gpu and i know this for a fact because when i connect an external display i get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sadek kadri, May 4, 2024.

1. Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

my gaming laptop isnt using the full potential out of my dedicated gpu and i know this for a fact because when i connect an external display i get double if not triple the fps then before, and some games dont even use the dedicated gpu even though i set the application manually to use it in NVidia control panel and in the windows graphics settings. The only this can be fixed is to make the internal display run on dedicated graphics and IF ANYONE CAN FIX THIS EVEN IF ITS IN AN UNLICENSED WAY THEN THAT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME, NOT EVEN THE WARENTY I PAID FOR 400+ DOLLARS CAN FIX IT, please he

:)

sadek kadri, May 4, 2024

2. How do I disable the dedicated GPU

My machine has both an APU (as the CPU) and a dedicated GPU.

- - - Updated - - -

It (seems to have) worked!

TechPowerUp GPU-Z is showing fewer details about the dedicated GPU. I played Half-Life for the same amount of time as last time and my machine did not shut down. Also interestingly, the game ran consistently at over twice the frame rate as with dedicated GPU enabled on one map and consistently at around twice the framerate as with the dedicated GPU on another...

Sweetsweetcorn, May 4, 2024
  3. EmilyS726 Win User
    Display error

Hello, this is Emily.

You mentioned that the issue doesn't occur on an extended monitor. This suggests that the problem may be related to the laptop's internal display. Does your computer have both dedicated GPU and integrated one? You can launch Device Manager > Display Adapter, do you see two listed instead of one? I just want to make sure that the external monitor and the laptop display are both using the same GPU. If they are, I think this is more of a laptop display issue instead of GPU issue. But if they are on two different GPUs, then there's potential issue with the integrated GPU. Does the laptop seem warmer than normal when this happens? Overheating can cause graphical issues and screen blackouts, especially during GPU-intensive tasks like gaming. Ensure that your laptop's cooling system is working properly, and that there's no excessive dust buildup blocking airflow.

EmilyS726, May 4, 2024
  4. RaduBejan Win User

Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

My laptop wont fully run on dedicated GPU

Yes, I do, but since my display runs on the integrated GPU, I can't run clients, browsers etc... on the dedicated GPU

RaduBejan, May 4, 2024
Thema:

Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

1. Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu - Similar Threads - Internal display using

2. Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal display not using dedicated laptop gpu: my gaming laptop isnt using the full potential out of my dedicated gpu and i know this for a fact because when i connect an external display i get double if not triple the fps then before, and some games dont even use the dedicated gpu even though i set the application...
  3. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  5. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  6. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

7. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  8. Laptop Using Intel internal graphics instead of dedicated GPU after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Using Intel internal graphics instead of dedicated GPU after upgrade to windows 10: Hey guys, does somebody know how to make your system use the dedicated graphics after it snapped into using the CPU graphics module instead? I'm using a "Intel Core i5 M 430 CPU" and a "Radeon ATI Mobility HD 5650" . The AMD catalyst control center is installed on the system....
  9. Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU: Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU , despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. Even if I right click the shortcut or executable and choose to run...
  10. Cant use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use dedicated gpu: Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this [ATTACH] I had no clue what to do so I tied...