Windows 10: Intermittent connection when playing some games.

Discus and support Intermittent connection when playing some games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Lately whenever i play a couple different games on my computer, my wifi adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. i change its location to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wsp1992, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Wsp1992 Win User

Intermittent connection when playing some games.

Lately whenever i play a couple different games on my computer, my wifi adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. i change its location to a different USB port and even went back to my old wifi adapter to see if it's the current one, but the issue persists. This happens only with a couple different games and they arent even related to one another, coming from different studios and developers. Has anyone been able to isolate and solve the cause of this problem, because it pops up if i'm either playing online or offline.

:)

Wsp1992, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 8, 2023
  3. Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 8, 2023
  4. Intermittent connection when playing some games.

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 8, 2023
Thema:

Intermittent connection when playing some games.

1. Intermittent connection when playing some games. - Similar Threads - Intermittent connection playing

2. My PC crashes when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes when playing some games.: Hi, I have an issue where on 2 specific games, Escape From Tarkov and Arena Breakout Infinite my PC will randomly crash with no error message and no blue screen. Sometimes it will run for 20-30 minutes before crashing, sometimes just a few minutes. My crash logs just say...
  3. My PC crashes when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC crashes when playing some games.: Hi, I have an issue where on 2 specific games, Escape From Tarkov and Arena Breakout Infinite my PC will randomly crash with no error message and no blue screen. Sometimes it will run for 20-30 minutes before crashing, sometimes just a few minutes. My crash logs just say...
  4. My PC crashes when playing some games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games: I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The crashing has returned but my CPU temps aren't getting high enough to warrant crashing. I get one of these errors after browsing...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games: I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The crashing has returned but my CPU temps aren't getting high enough to warrant crashing. I get one of these errors after browsing...
  7. Intermittent connection when playing some games.

Intermittent connection when playing some games.: Lately whenever i play a couple different games on my computer, my wifi adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. i change its location to a different USB port and even went back to my old wifi adapter to see if it's the current one, but the issue persists. This happens...
  8. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...
  9. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  10. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Support
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...