Windows 10: Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

Discus and support Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install windows 11 onto my new build pc but it freezes on the "where do you want to install Windows" part. I have a completely empty SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Brindus, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

I am trying to install windows 11 onto my new build pc but it freezes on the "where do you want to install Windows" part. I have a completely empty SSD and when I hit next on that page I get the hourglass of death that never goes away.

:)

Mark Brindus, Nov 22, 2023
  2. EAK93 Win User

Installing Windows 11 on New PC Build

Hello - I am running into an issue while trying to install Windows 11 on my new PC build.

I am able to get to the step where Windows wants to connect to a network in order to continue with the installation. However, I am not identifying any networks whatsoever. I have tried WiFi as well as having the PC plugged directly into the router via an ethernet cable. However, I continue to get stuck on this screen (screen shot below).

Here is a link to the parts used to build the PC in case that helps identify the issue: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kWRmxs

Does anyone have any insights to the steps I need to take to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc [​IMG]

EAK93, Nov 22, 2023
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 22, 2023
  4. Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2023
Thema:

Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

1. Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc - Similar Threads - Installing onto build

2. Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 11 onto a new build pc: I am trying to install windows 11 onto my new build pc but it freezes on the "where do you want to install Windows" part. I have a completely empty SSD and when I hit next on that page I get the hourglass of death that never goes away....
  3. Can't install windows 11 on new build pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows 11 on new build pc: When the windows install reaches the connect to internet stage nothing happens, I have tried the shift+F10 but the command prompt does not come up. It is an Asus Rog Strix B650E-E motherboard. I am at a loss on what to do....
  4. Can't install windows 11 on new build pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 11 on new build pc: When the windows install reaches the connect to internet stage nothing happens, I have tried the shift+F10 but the command prompt does not come up. It is an Asus Rog Strix B650E-E motherboard. I am at a loss on what to do....
  5. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build: I built a PC back in 2019, it has 850W Power Supply, i770k Intel CPU, GTX 1070, 1TB HHD, WD Disk Drive, 250GB SSD, Asus Maximus Hero Mobo, Windows 10After not using this computer for about a year, it seems I have forgotten the password on it, even though I could swear I wrote...
  6. Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build: I built my first PC and when it came time to install windows 11 I ran into a problem and want to know if there's something I'm missing that I need to do. Microsoft is requiring you to connect to the internet during install with no skip option. However, I'm using a Asus...
  7. Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build

Windows 11 installation problem on new PC build: I built my first PC and when it came time to install windows 11 I ran into a problem and want to know if there's something I'm missing that I need to do. Microsoft is requiring you to connect to the internet during install with no skip option. However, I'm using a Asus...
  8. Installing Windows 11 on New PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 on New PC Build: Hello - I am running into an issue while trying to install Windows 11 on my new PC build. I am able to get to the step where Windows wants to connect to a network in order to continue with the installation. However, I am not identifying any networks whatsoever. I have tried...
  9. Installing Windows 11 on New PC Build

Installing Windows 11 on New PC Build: Hello - I am running into an issue while trying to install Windows 11 on my new PC build. I am able to get to the step where Windows wants to connect to a network in order to continue with the installation. However, I am not identifying any networks whatsoever. I have tried...
  10. Problems with installing Windows 10 onto a new build.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with installing Windows 10 onto a new build.: So when installing windows onto a new PC through a USB, the process got interrupted (accidentally turned my PC off). When I booted up again it kept giving me error messages so I just took out the hard drive from the new pc, formatted it and tried again. Now when I boot up the...