Windows 10: Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child

Discus and support Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to ask how I could solve the problem with installation of application from Microsoft store in my child account.The application which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Miki.P, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Miki.P Win User

Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child

I would like to ask how I could solve the problem with installation of application from Microsoft store in my child account.The application which I want to install need parent permission. I get the email to approve the installation, however I clicked on approve later and now I only see the message that the link expired and the requestor my child should request for the approval again.But when I open the child Microsoft store and find the application then I do not see any "Get" button or any other which could be used for the approval request. The strange thing is also that in child store the a

:)

Miki.P, Jul 7, 2023

2. How to remotely install applications onto a child account ?

Hello Kyle,

is there a way to suggest enhancements?

i'd like to suggest it so we could go to the store on the web and ask for install on a child account.

i can do it from xbox live store and install directly to my Xbox One.

i'd like the same for Store to install to my child account on its computer.

Regards,

Mikael

MikaelCAROFF1, Jul 7, 2023
  3. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 7, 2023
  4. LL_VA Win User

Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts

I've researched this pretty thoroughly and there are several posts already about it. The other posts I think are pretty clear about what they're trying to achieve but it seems that the responses don't understand the current Windows ecosystem and tools available
    (ex: differences between Windows Home and Pro Editions vs. Enterprise, and the ability to use AppLocker or Group Policy to prevent installs from the store).

I have used two leading parental monitoring applications for my 6 year old son but neither prevents installs from the Microsoft store.

Let me summarize the issue and what I have found:

• My child has the ability to download and install free apps/games/etc from the Microsoft Store and I (and others who have posted) want this turned off. My child is under Microsoft Family Link and I manage his account that way.
    • My children need computer access for distance learning for school.
    • To be clear: my child will go under his heavily locked down account and still be able to install games and play them. We don't want this at all. It turns into an issue because it alters his behavior, making him irritable and prone to tantrums when he has
      to stop.
    • I think everyone knows the difference between and Administrator and Standard account and that a Standard account can't install software. Let's be clear, though: even with a Standard account you can install software from the Microsoft Store.
    • You can prevent a child from viewing age inappropriate apps down to 3 years old, but what I and others want is to completely turn off or completely turn on the ability to authorize/approve ALL installs from the Store.
    • The ability to use AppLocker, Registry edits, or Group Policy to disable the store is not something allowed in Windows 10 Home or Pro. You can do so in Enterprise and Education editions, I believe, but this isn't much good for everyday folks. Yesterday,
      for example, I went to Best Buy and the Windows machines all seemed to be running Windows 10 Home. I run Windows 10 Pro on my current machine but Microsoft changed their approach a few years ago so things like using Group Policy to block the Store do not work.
      Even if you could disable the store that apparently prevents updates from installed apps. This is a security risk.
    • What I and others want is a way, like Apple and Google, to have any and all store app installs approved by parents! Microsoft Family Link does not currently have this functionality. Please don't say you can block individual apps through Family Link. I know
      this, but it doesn't solve the issue. I can't play a game of whack-a-mole after the installation. Prevent installations without permission
      before installation!

So, my question:

• If there is a way to prevent or to require approval for all applications/games/etc from the Microsoft Store on a Windows 10 Home or Pro OS machine, please advise. I would like to approve installs but I will take just turning the store off. There
      are only a handful of reasons/applications/sites that my 6 year old has any need to visit or use.

I purchased a Chromebook 2 weeks ago for the first time for my older child and it works exactly as I would like from an app install perspective - I have to approve any installation, along with having other handy parental controls. I have just purchased a
    second one for my 6 year old child due to the parental controls Google offers. I looked heavily at Windows laptops but could not get over the issue I've outlined above so went with another Chromebook. However, I still have our home desktop which is running
    Windows and where this is still an issue.

Thanks!

LL_VA, Jul 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child - Similar Threads - Installing application Microsoft

2. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  3. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  4. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

Microsoft Store Application not installing.: I have tried to install several apps from Microsoft Store and none of them seem to install. The app will fail after some time. I have received several different error codes. I have received this code from trying to install Clipchamp on different attempts. I have tried all the...
  5. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Application not installing.: I have tried to install several apps from Microsoft Store and none of them seem to install. The app will fail after some time. I have received several different error codes. I have received this code from trying to install Clipchamp on different attempts. I have tried all the...
  6. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child: I would like to ask how I could solve the problem with installation of application from Microsoft store in my child account.The application which I want to install need parent permission. I get the email to approve the installation, however I clicked on approve later and now...
  8. Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing the application from to Microsoft store for the child: I would like to ask how I could solve the problem with installation of application from Microsoft store in my child account.The application which I want to install need parent permission. I get the email to approve the installation, however I clicked on approve later and now...
  9. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications will not install in Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install apps or games from the Store, I get an error message that has been popping up for the last week or so. Nothing I found on the internet so far has helped with that problem....
  10. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

Applications will not install in Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install apps or games from the Store, I get an error message that has been popping up for the last week or so. Nothing I found on the internet so far has helped with that problem....