Windows 10: installing onedrive on new computer

Discus and support installing onedrive on new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am getting a new laptop. I have nearly one TB of one drive files in the cloud and about half of them already on my windows 10 laptop. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rfarber, Feb 12, 2024.

1. rfarber Win User

installing onedrive on new computer

Hi,I am getting a new laptop. I have nearly one TB of one drive files in the cloud and about half of them already on my windows 10 laptop. I want to transfer the already downloaded files to my new computer. I DO NOT want to download all of those files onto the new computer with onedrive as it is a huge amount of data and will take too long. Rather, it is very easy for me to transfer the files manually from my hard drive and THEN to sync. I am just afraid that onedrive will recognize these as NEW files rather than the old files that are already in one drive. This would result in all of thos

:)

rfarber, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

installing onedrive on new computer

1. installing onedrive on new computer - Similar Threads - installing onedrive computer

2. installing onedrive on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing onedrive on new computer: Hi,I am getting a new laptop. I have nearly one TB of one drive files in the cloud and about half of them already on my windows 10 laptop. I want to transfer the already downloaded files to my new computer. I DO NOT want to download all of those files onto the new computer...
  3. New Windows 10 Install, Old OneDrive Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 Install, Old OneDrive Installation: I have a C: as my OS/System drive while my OneDrive Folder/Files are on my E: Drive. I am replacing my C: drive with a larger drive and after re-installing Win10 and installing Onedrive I cannot access my old OneDrive folder on E: I get an error similar to "System cannot...
  4. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing: Hi, I have an employee that just got a new work computer. She has signed into OneDrive on the new computer, and it has updated all of her data, says it is up to date. However, her Desktop Icons are not showing on her new computer. We can go into her File Explorer, and...
  5. Sync OneDrive files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync OneDrive files to a new computer: So I bought a new computer. My old one has my files backed up through OneDrive. Everything is syncing to the OneDrive folder on the new machine but I want the files to sync to the Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. The settings in OneDrive to choose folders are checked off...
  6. OneDrive & New Computer

OneDrive & New Computer: There are a million posts stating you can move files from one computer to another with OneDrive. This is a DIFFERENT question, please make sure you understand it before answering. Thanks!!! I am getting a new laptop at work and they will be erasing the hard disk on the...
  7. Installing a Windows 10 Pro on new computer with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a Windows 10 Pro on new computer with OneDrive: I am building a new PC and installing Windows 10 Pro. I've heard with an Office 365 subscription it's best to not set a user with an online account at first, this way you avoid the duplication to create a OneDrive account. I will create a new user but will be using my...
  8. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

Onedrive not showing all files on new computer: my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get all of them to sync to my new computer?...
  9. onedrive is flooding my new computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    onedrive is flooding my new computer!: New computer, I had the f** idea of putting my live account on it. It started immediately to download all my Terabyte of onedrive and soon emptied my HD (256GB SSD) Now I cannot change settings and exclude folders (why did they start "all sync" instead of asking me?)...
  10. Installing OneDrive etc on a new machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing OneDrive etc on a new machine: Considering a new Lenovo Yogo laptop. Here is my question. *I have a HP desktop with Windows 7. The Lenovo would replace it. I have Picasa on it (for photos, from Google)…as well as Google Drive, and OneDrive, and Dropbox. *Picasa displays all the various folders I have...