Windows 10: Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex

Discus and support Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'm having several problems with the install of Kali-Linux and Win-Kex via WSL on my Windows 10 OS. I meet all the requirements of installing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Durandal734, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex

Hi folks, I'm having several problems with the install of Kali-Linux and Win-Kex via WSL on my Windows 10 OS. I meet all the requirements of installing WSL and kali.This may broach several issues in one post in order to get to where I'm stuck. I did not have these issues a few months ago when I initially installed kali and win-kex, but I uninstalled it to make room for some other processes. Now that I'm trying again, these issues are making me not want to bother with it yet again, and I don't see how this is a viable ecosystem for any of the processes that kali needs to function. I have tried

:)

Durandal734, Jul 2, 2024

2. Wsl kali linux bash error

Solved it no worries and if anyone need to know how i solved it I just installed wsl from microsoft store and then installing kali linux from there

Filip Nachov, Jul 2, 2024
  3. Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft docs, failing to load the GUI. Please help

I followed all the instructions from Microsoft docs on how to install kali linux wsl2 on windows 11. Everything worked smooth, the instructions on installing kex are clear and straightforward, but launching Kali Linux GUI using command: kex --win -s always giving an error:

Error connecting to the kex server.

Please try "kex start" to start the service.

If the server fails to start, please try "kex kill" or restart your wsl2 session and try again. I tried the above steps to no avail. Please help.

SaveTheFuture, Jul 2, 2024
  4. Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex

Wsl kali linux bash error

i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this error

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005

Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error

Filip Nachov, Jul 2, 2024
Thema:

Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex

1. Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex - Similar Threads - Installation Issues WSL

2. Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex: Hi folks, I'm having several problems with the install of Kali-Linux and Win-Kex via WSL on my Windows 10 OS. I meet all the requirements of installing WSL and kali.This may broach several issues in one post in order to get to where I'm stuck. I did not have these issues a...
  3. Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Issues with WSL Kali-Linux and Win-Kex: Hi folks, I'm having several problems with the install of Kali-Linux and Win-Kex via WSL on my Windows 10 OS. I meet all the requirements of installing WSL and kali.This may broach several issues in one post in order to get to where I'm stuck. I did not have these issues a...
  4. Wsl kali linux bash error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  5. Wsl kali linux bash error

Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  6. kali linux is not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  7. kali linux is not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  8. kali linux is not installing

9. Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows: HelloPlease pay attention that everything is running on Windows 11 with wls capability I'm all the way I went all the way to install Kali Linux correctly and with the help of official site, and there was no other problem until I realized that it could not connect to the...
  10. Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows

Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows: HelloPlease pay attention that everything is running on Windows 11 with wls capability I'm all the way I went all the way to install Kali Linux correctly and with the help of official site, and there was no other problem until I realized that it could not connect to the...