Windows 10: Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

Discus and support Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I understand that OEM keys are typically tied to hardware, and in the case of virtualization, to the virtual machine's parameters. I am concerned that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PiotrWaluszko, Jun 27, 2024.

1. Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

I understand that OEM keys are typically tied to hardware, and in the case of virtualization, to the virtual machine's parameters. I am concerned that if I need to reinstall macOS and delete my virtual machine, the OEM key may be assigned to that instance, which could prevent its reactivation on a new or restored VM.Therefore, I have a few questions:What steps can I take to secure my OEM license before deleting the virtual machine in case of macOS reinstallation? Will creating a full backup of the VM using Parallels Desktop be sufficient to restore the machine later with the license still acti

:)

PiotrWaluszko, Jun 27, 2024

2. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Jun 27, 2024
  3. Gottria Win User
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core OEMInquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation :DM. If I run the OEM Key it's Win 8 RTM Professional OEMInquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation :DM

Gottria, Jun 27, 2024
  4. Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

windows 11 pro oem to retail?

i purchased a prebuilt pc that came with a windows 10 pro oem license eligible for the windows 11 upgrade. i have since upgraded to the windows 11 pro oem version. my question is if i purchase a windows 11 pro retail license, can i change the installed version by changing the license info on the pc using the new retail license?

jeff hunt1, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

1. Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation - Similar Threads - Inquiry Regarding Securing

2. Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inquiry Regarding Securing OEM Windows 11 PRO License in Case of macOS Reinstallation: I understand that OEM keys are typically tied to hardware, and in the case of virtualization, to the virtual machine's parameters. I am concerned that if I need to reinstall macOS and delete my virtual machine, the OEM key may be assigned to that instance, which could prevent...
  3. Windows 10 License Inquiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License Inquiry: Hi! I just want to make things clear up regarding the windows 10 licensing. If using the unactivated Windows 10 in the corporate world or businesses, is it considered illegal? I was just a bit concerned as we had 2 units with unactivated windows 10 its the grace period just...
  4. Windows 10 License Inquiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 License Inquiry: Hi! I just want to make things clear up regarding the windows 10 licensing. If using the unactivated Windows 10 in the corporate world or businesses, is it considered illegal? I was just a bit concerned as we had 2 units with unactivated windows 10 its the grace period just...
  5. Windows 10 License Inquiry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. REGARDING OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REGARDING OEM: WEATHER WINDOWS 10 PRO OEM KEY WILL GET SUPPORT FROM MICROSOFT TEAM OR ONLY OEM NON SLP WILL GET https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-oem/75e9de28-3462-425b-93a4-79cfde5a9ae4
  7. Regarding the license of Windows 10 Pro

Regarding the license of Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I want to install Windows 10 Pro in my home PC only, not in other machines.If I purchase the software from a retailer, then will they provide me a Retail license or a Commercial license? What type of licenses are there for Windows 10 Pro?...
  8. Reinstalling Windows Inquiry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows Inquiry: Hello there! My camera & gpu have stopped working and I tried everything with no luck. Ill be resetting windows, and wanted to know if its alright if I have the gpu & camera disabled while reinstalling windwos....
  9. Reinstalling Windows with an OEM License

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with an OEM License: A friend wants to switch from a hard drive to an SSD on her HP laptop, which of these three would be feasible with carrying over her OEM license? It's Windows 10 Home. Installing Windows to the SSD fresh, activating with the OEM license/key (preferred). Copying over the...
  10. Regarding Windows 10 OEM license

Regarding Windows 10 OEM license: Dear Sir or Madam I would like to enquire about the necessity of OEM license possession. The computers that we are currently using are located at an Internet cafe in Korea which is my business environment. We are using a disk which installed on a console PC and sharing...