Windows 10: index number

Discus and support index number in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to do a new windows install and somehow when I open up the file explorer and clicked on the search icon it would open up and have a index number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MillieMcDonald, Jul 13, 2023.

1. index number

I had to do a new windows install and somehow when I open up the file explorer and clicked on the search icon it would open up and have a index number which when I do click on the number it opens up and shows me all that is in my computer but the number there now does not work as there was the two numbers and the second one did open ,,,,,,thanks

:)

MillieMcDonald, Jul 13, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

Hi, not sure what you're experiencing.
    What appears odd in your video is that opening and closing a file appears to cause the number of items indexed to increment.
    That should not be so.

Hazarding a guess, I'd suggest it's something to do with having changed the defaults related to 'User' in Indexing options. You could be indexing temporary files unnecessarily.

Compare:

index number 191530d1528452548t-indexing-number-items-indexed-normal-1.jpg

I would suggest you need to reset your Indexing Options to default and rebuild the index.

The first of these is NOT obvious. Try
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...-fix-problems/

dalchina, Jul 13, 2023
  3. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 13, 2023
  4. David Haz Win User

index number

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 13, 2023
Thema:

index number

1. index number - Similar Threads - index number

2. Why is my search service taking up 100% disk usage after disabling it and disabling indexing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my search service taking up 100% disk usage after disabling it and disabling indexing?: I have had issues with 100% disk usage on my hdd in the past however I'd resolved it by disabling search service through the services.msc application. And all was smooth for my 9 year old laptop. However I was noticing that my disk usage was spiking again out of nowhere even...
  3. Why is my search service taking up 100% disk usage after disabling it and disabling indexing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my search service taking up 100% disk usage after disabling it and disabling indexing?: I have had issues with 100% disk usage on my hdd in the past however I'd resolved it by disabling search service through the services.msc application. And all was smooth for my 9 year old laptop. However I was noticing that my disk usage was spiking again out of nowhere even...
  4. Why is my search service taking up 100% disk usage after disabling it and disabling indexing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. index number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    index number: I had to do a new windows install and somehow when I open up the file explorer and clicked on the search icon it would open up and have a index number which when I do click on the number it opens up and shows me all that is in my computer but the number there now does not...
  6. index number

in Windows 10 Customization
    index number: I had to do a new windows install and somehow when I open up the file explorer and clicked on the search icon it would open up and have a index number which when I do click on the number it opens up and shows me all that is in my computer but the number there now does not...
  7. What is the Index Number and how do I find it? Thank you.....

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the Index Number and how do I find it? Thank you.....: What is the Index Number and how do I find it? Thank you..... Want to use it in this command: 162980
  8. How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

in Cortana
    How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?: How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? After my system (windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.379) has been up for a few days, indexing is still running and typically reports about 1.7 million items indexed. Not at all...
  9. How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to smaller number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to smaller number?: How do I accomplish renaming bulky indexed files to its smaller index number, with any kind of tools ? That is to rename 1.c -> 0.c 2.c -> 1.c ... 7.c -> 6.c 8.c -> 7.c 9.c -> 8.c ... ... (in large numbers of files.) Thank so much in advance 99398
  10. Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?: On all versions of W10 I notice that my number of indexed files grows daily by anything up to a few hundred. If I rebuild the index then the number of files indexed files falls dramatically as can be seen here. I have a suspicion it could be caused by a particular program...