Windows 10: Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full.

Discus and support Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been populating personal photos to a MYCLOUDPR2100, and about a month ago, I started receiving the "not enough storage" error when moving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RMason1204, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full.

I have been populating personal photos to a MYCLOUDPR2100, and about a month ago, I started receiving the "not enough storage" error when moving the photos from the SD card to the PR2100. Online help said to increase the 'offline files' value in sync center, so I did. Went from 312G to 400G - and almost immediately, the 80G was in use, and now I'm getting error messages that my C drive is 'full' and I can no longer copy photos to the PR2100.What have I done and why does Windows think my C drive is full?

:)

RMason1204, Jul 4, 2023
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Jul 4, 2023
  3. Windows 10 System Files constantly taking up more space

Hello Miles,

One of the possible reasons why your Windows System Files is constantly increasing is due to an offline files in Sync Center. Having said that, we recommend disabling it by following the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Sync Center.
    • Look for Manage Offline files.
    • Click Disable offline files.
    • Do the same to any network devices also running Sync Center.
    • Go into services.msc, and disable "offline files"
    • Reboot.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jul 4, 2023
  4. SChia1 Win User

Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full.

Increase C drive space

How do I increase C drive space from D drive

SChia1, Jul 4, 2023
Thema:

Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full.

1. Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full. - Similar Threads - Increased offline file

2. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  3. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  4. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increased offline file space in Sync Center and now my C drive is full.: I have been populating personal photos to a MYCLOUDPR2100, and about a month ago, I started receiving the "not enough storage" error when moving the photos from the SD card to the PR2100. Online help said to increase the 'offline files' value in sync center, so I did. Went...
  6. Increase C drive Space

Increase C drive Space: Is there a way to add a USB drive space to the C drive on Windows 10. Only have 32GB on C drive so cannot update Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/65fb40ff-9391-4c4f-bb83-01992918f36a
  7. OFFLINE files and sync center

OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  8. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  9. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  10. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64