Windows 10: In place upgrade

Discus and support In place upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was wondering could in place upgrade be used to resetting like regdit changes and if so then what else can it restore to default?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by veli-matti granroth, Aug 22, 2023.

1. In place upgrade

Was wondering could in place upgrade be used to resetting like regdit changes and if so then what else can it restore to default?

:)

veli-matti granroth, Aug 22, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

3. zbook Win User
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Aug 22, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

In place upgrade

Repair install/in-place upgrade not proceeding normally  

Benjamin,

I have just run a Repair install myself to make sure nothing has changed recently. I used my 21H1 ISO.

The Step 7 tutorial diagrams are correct.
    - After clicking on setup, the 'ConsentUI' [aka Admin prompt] appears.
    - Then the preparing dialog appears. It is a small one about 3 inches by 1 inch.

In place upgrade 337157d1623590555t-repair-install-place-upgrade-not-proceeding-normally-preparing-32pc-onwards.jpg

- Then the big Install Windows 10 dialog appears. It covers about half the screen.

In place upgrade 337158d1623590571t-repair-install-place-upgrade-not-proceeding-normally-install-decisions-screen.jpg

I do not know what to suggest any more. I am out of ideas.

Denis

Thema:

In place upgrade

1. In place upgrade - Similar Threads - place upgrade

2. Windows 11 Updates are still stuck at 0 after numerous resets and in-place upgrades.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Updates are still stuck at 0 after numerous resets and in-place upgrades.: I am running a Rog Strix G15, and I also upgraded from Windows 10. I don't know when this problem began, I don't know how to fix it. I've tried resetting my computer TWICE. And it worked fine until a few days later, when the updates were stuck at 0 once more. I've also tried...
  3. Windows 11 Updates are still stuck at 0 after numerous resets and in-place upgrades.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Updates are still stuck at 0 after numerous resets and in-place upgrades.: I am running a Rog Strix G15, and I also upgraded from Windows 10. I don't know when this problem began, I don't know how to fix it. I've tried resetting my computer TWICE. And it worked fine until a few days later, when the updates were stuck at 0 once more. I've also tried...
  4. Is it possible to do an in-place upgrade via Windows 7 installation USB without booting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to do an in-place upgrade via Windows 7 installation USB without booting...: HP Compaq nc6320 laptop given to me originally had Windows XP Pro but upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Upgrading original HDD to SSD. HDD still functional. Recovered product keys, including for Windows 7, from the HDD with ProduKey - Recover lost product key CD-Key of...
  5. Is it possible to do an in-place upgrade via Windows 7 installation USB without booting...

Is it possible to do an in-place upgrade via Windows 7 installation USB without booting...: HP Compaq nc6320 laptop given to me originally had Windows XP Pro but upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Upgrading original HDD to SSD. HDD still functional. Recovered product keys, including for Windows 7, from the HDD with ProduKey - Recover lost product key CD-Key of...
  6. Windows 7 SP1 64-bit All Updates 2020 AIO with in-place upgrade support ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 SP1 64-bit All Updates 2020 AIO with in-place upgrade support ISO: Where do you find a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit All Updates 2020 AIO with in-place upgrade support ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1-64-bit-all-updates-2020-aio-with-in/84da9bc7-6cf8-48a4-9183-d9e540730f98
  7. Windows 7 SP1 64-bit All Updates 2020 AIO with in-place upgrade support ISO

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit All Updates 2020 AIO with in-place upgrade support ISO: Where do you find a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit All Updates 2020 AIO with in-place upgrade support ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1-64-bit-all-updates-2020-aio-with-in/84da9bc7-6cf8-48a4-9183-d9e540730f98
  8. Unable to Perform In-Place Upgrade to Windows 11 For Unsupported PC That Was Previously...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Perform In-Place Upgrade to Windows 11 For Unsupported PC That Was Previously...: I am trying to perform an in-place upgrade on a Dell Optiplex 7010 which I have several of. I keep getting the error ‘We can’t tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11. Try restarting Setup”. This machine is not supported for an upgrade to Windows...
  9. Unable to Perform In-Place Upgrade to Windows 11 For Unsupported PC That Was Previously...

Unable to Perform In-Place Upgrade to Windows 11 For Unsupported PC That Was Previously...: I am trying to perform an in-place upgrade on a Dell Optiplex 7010 which I have several of. I keep getting the error ‘We can’t tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11. Try restarting Setup”. This machine is not supported for an upgrade to Windows...
  10. Hello, I have been advised to install an in-place upgrade. However, It seems to have added...

Hello, I have been advised to install an in-place upgrade. However, It seems to have added...: I was advised by MS Support to install an inplace upgrade to fix an update. The update is no longer shown in my history, However, my system has 6-7 more gigabytes of space full. How can I fix this? My system is not fixed. The error is still there. I need to re-allocate the...