Windows 10: in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the...

Discus and support in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded a batch of photos from my iphone [via iCloud download]The files all show the date downloaded when I do the CMD DIR command. Explorer shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Marske, Oct 1, 2024 at 11:23 PM.

1. in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the...

I downloaded a batch of photos from my iphone [via iCloud download]The files all show the date downloaded when I do the CMD DIR command. Explorer shows the date I want [Date Taken] in the DATE column. But I can't force it to come out in the DIR command

:)

Robert Marske, Oct 1, 2024 at 11:23 PM

2. Dir cmd arguments not working

Windows 10, V1803 with KB890830 installed

1. Launch command prompt admin window
    2. Enter cmd dir
    3. Enter cmd dir /w

Expect results from 2:

Vertical display of directories and files

Good

Expected results from 3:

Horizontal display of directories and files

Error

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> cd \

PS C:\> dir

Directory: C:\

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name

---- ------------- ------ ----

d----- 6/21/2018 8:25 AM
    aaa

d----- 8/2/2016 5:55 AM
    AdwCleaner

da---- 6/20/2018 3:53 PM
    bbb

d----- 10/17/2010 11:12 PM
    Intel

d----- 9/1/2017 8:22 AM MOVIES

d----- 9/1/2017 6:57 AM
    MUSIC

d----- 4/11/2018 4:38 PM
    PerfLogs

d----- 2/27/2018 10:05 AM
    PICTURES

d-r--- 5/26/2018 8:20 AM
    Program Files

d-r--- 5/16/2018 2:06 PM
    Program Files (x86)

d----- 6/8/2018 4:13 PM
    TMP

d----- 9/1/2017 10:44 AM
    Toms Libraries

d-r--- 5/3/2018 9:17 AM
    Users

d----- 6/20/2018 1:52 PM
    Windows

-a---- 8/17/2015 8:01 AM
    163 MetaConfig.xml

-a---- 5/12/2017 9:13 AM
    437 method2.bat

-a---- 10/22/2017 7:41 AM
    68 sleep.bat

PS C:\> dir /w

dir : Cannot find path 'C:\w' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ dir /w

+ ~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\w:String) [Get-ChildItem], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand

PS C:\>

Other arguments may fail as well – have not tested.

I needed this to do a dir /x.

MikeMansfield, Oct 1, 2024 at 11:26 PM
  3. Kari Win User
    dir Difficulties

DIR uses whatever time definition you tell it to use. Following command would list all files and folders in X:\Downloads in order they have been created:

dir X:\Downloads /t:c

DIR is fully capable to sort files and folders. Following command would list all files in X:\Downloads, oldest first:

dir X:\Downloads /o:d

The minus sign before a parameter reverses the results, so the following command would list the same folder in reversed order, newest first:

dir X:\Downloads /o:-d

You can also combine switches. Following command would list all files and folders in X:\Downloads and all its subfolders (the /s switch), listing them in newest first based on time of file / folder creation:

dir X:\Downloads /s /o:-d /t:c

4. CarolF_1 Win User

in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the...

DIR Command

dir /Ain CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the... :D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory.

I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too.

Thema:

in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the...

1. in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the... - Similar Threads - CMD window DIR

2. in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in CMD window, DIR and DIR /T:C show the incorrect date. The date I want is shown in the...: I downloaded a batch of photos from my iphone [via iCloud download]The files all show the date downloaded when I do the CMD DIR command. Explorer shows the date I want [Date Taken] in the DATE column. But I can't force it to come out in the DIR command...
  3. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  4. DIR Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIR Command: dir /A:D /B /S > FolderList.txt produces a list of all directories and subdirectories of a directory. I would like to modify this line to have the date included for all directories and subdirectories of a directory too....
  5. DIR commands

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DIR commands: So recently I used the DIR commands to be able to see hidden and Invisible files, is there any way to revert this? submitted by /u/Creeper_King_558 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inyfq2/dir_commands/
  6. Windows dir name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dir name: My computer will not start. My probing has revealed that Windows is "gone" Where it's supposed to be is a dir called"$WINDOWS.·-BT" I can't get the squiggly line to type. 1.what is the correct name of the Windows 10 directory? 2. How do I change it in the CMD prompt?...
  7. New Date & Time Settings incorrect sync shown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Date & Time Settings incorrect sync shown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sponky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efqb0q/new_date_time_settings_incorrect_sync_shown/
  8. incorrect date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    incorrect date: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-date/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"
  9. dir Difficulties

in Windows 10 Support
    dir Difficulties: I am seeking to sort files with dir. Creation date and time is my most primary interest. This has been my primary guide. MS-DOS dir command help I have tried a number of these commands in Powershell and Admin Powershell The simple one element wild card ones work okay. Ex...
  10. matching wildcards in dir

in Windows 10 Support
    matching wildcards in dir: In a folder I have several files starting with test, like test00, test0000, test1.txt, test1111, test 01.txt If I do a dir test0* I expect to get all files which match test0* like test00 and test0000 but I also get test 01.txt and I'm not sure why. I mean "test 01.txt"...