Windows 10: immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once

Discus and support immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my Windows 11 laptop, every time I accidentally mistype my pin-code, I immediately get locked out of my laptop for 2 hours. With the message stating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Victor VdB, Sep 23, 2024 at 12:07 PM.

1. immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once

On my Windows 11 laptop, every time I accidentally mistype my pin-code, I immediately get locked out of my laptop for 2 hours. With the message stating something along the lines of "locked out of pin log in due to repeated failed log in attempts or repeated shut-downs, please keep your laptop powered for 2 hours". This has been happening since I updated to the latest version.

:)

2. Sign in option always have 2 hours locked issue even though its my first try unlocking

I have an issue where my laptop just locks for 2 hours for too many sign in attempts, but the thing is that I only input the pin once and I immediately faced the locked laptop issue. I was wondering if there was a second party trying to hack my laptop.

WONG WEE HOONG, Sep 23, 2024 at 12:09 PM
  3. Phone locked for more than 2 hours.

my windows 10 upgraded has been lock since after around 2pm and till now 11:30pm still locked and it keeps saying, "device is locked for security reasons, plug the phone to a power outlet for 2 hours and then restart and enter pin" but its not working.
    this is the 2nd time I am experiencing this difficulty ever since I upgraded my phone to windows 10

godwinikeazor, Sep 23, 2024 at 12:09 PM
  4. immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once

Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Thema:

immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once

1. immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once - Similar Threads - immediate lock hours

2. immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    immediate lock out for 2 hours after failing pin once: On my Windows 11 laptop, every time I accidentally mistype my pin-code, I immediately get locked out of my laptop for 2 hours. With the message stating something along the lines of "locked out of pin log in due to repeated failed log in attempts or repeated shut-downs, please...
  3. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of windows for 2 hours.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my windows PC this has never ever happened before, it says that I have been locked out of my PC because I entered the wrong password too many times and I have been locked out and I should try another sign in method or I should keep my PC...
  4. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of windows for 2 hours.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my windows PC this has never ever happened before, it says that I have been locked out of my PC because I entered the wrong password too many times and I have been locked out and I should try another sign in method or I should keep my PC...
  5. Locked out of windows for 2 hours.

6. How do I reset PIN if I’m locked out for 2 hours perpetually??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset PIN if I’m locked out for 2 hours perpetually??: I have several other devices, logged into the same Hotmail profile. Why can’t I find any other options to reset the pin and gain access to this laptop?...
  7. How do I reset PIN if I’m locked out for 2 hours perpetually??

How do I reset PIN if I’m locked out for 2 hours perpetually??: I have several other devices, logged into the same Hotmail profile. Why can’t I find any other options to reset the pin and gain access to this laptop?...
  8. How do I reset PIN if I’m locked out for 2 hours perpetually??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.: The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually mess up more than twice when I’m in a rush, so it’s a bit of a problem when I try to work on it.It’s windows 11...
  10. Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.

Computer locked out for 2 hours after two failed attempts.: The problem I have only recently occurred. I mess the password up twice, and the. I locks me out for two hours. It’s never happened before. I usually mess up more than twice when I’m in a rush, so it’s a bit of a problem when I try to work on it.It’s windows 11...