Windows 10: Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local...

Discus and support Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local desktop in windows 11.The images has been imported from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nishanthan Fernando, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local...

Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local desktop in windows 11.The images has been imported from the iPhone uploaded to the shared drive in routine basis.Previously I had no issue loading the thumbnail it loads real quick.The image format the my iPhone uses is the HEIC format but it the same for JPEG as well

:)

Nishanthan Fernando, Jul 25, 2023

2. HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive

HEIC file formats are NOT loading in shared drive thumbnails take long time to preview the images.

Nishanthan Fernando, Jul 25, 2023
  3. Bilo Win User
    Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

4. Kenn31547 Win User

Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local...

Want to get rid of thumbnail preview in Windows 10 on combined taskbar icons. Just want path/file names in popup list.

Thanx!!!

It worked. However, the width of the list is not wide enough as I have longer path names. I will try setting the MinThumbSizePx
    to a different value. Perhaps, the width of the path string is the the size of the path string on the thumbnail. Unless of course there is a way to extend the width of the list to show a longer path string.

Kenn31547, Jul 25, 2023
Thema:

Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local...

1. Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local... - Similar Threads - Image Preview taking

2. Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local...: Image Preview is taking time to preload the thumbnails on Share drive path and the local desktop in windows 11.The images has been imported from the iPhone uploaded to the shared drive in routine basis.Previously I had no issue loading the thumbnail it loads real quick.The...
  3. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  4. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  5. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. External drive takes long time load thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External drive takes long time load thumbnails: So I have an external drive connected to my main Alienware Laptop via either usb, I do a lot of photo editing and processing but I've found the biggest time waster for me is whenever I browse through my thumbnail files on any of my external drives, they take such a long time...
  7. One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images

One Drive needs to show thumbnail preview of images: Hi Microsoft, Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure that your next Windows 10 update solves the problem of images not being previewed in One Drive folders. As a creative design agency, this is costing us a lot of time, not being able to preview images in file...
  8. Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some

Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some: In this question, these people had issues with the thumbnails not working and I had similar issues Topic and I found a simple solution that worked for all of my images except for my gif which I just needed to make one small edit to fix change the color of 1 pixel in 1 frame...
  9. Takes huge time to Copy Files/folders from network shared drive to local drive.

Takes huge time to Copy Files/folders from network shared drive to local drive.: I have installed three new Dell systems on a small network. The systems are well equipped with fast CPUs and 16GB RAM and 1TB local drives. I have tried the various autotuninglevel settings and Remote Differential Compression to no effect. The older Windows 7 system they...
  10. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....