Windows 10: I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...

Discus and support I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Disney + app from the microsoft store onto my surface pro. It's been stuck on the starting download screen for 10 minutes and not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by robin wilson5, Jun 10, 2024.

1. I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...

I'm trying to install Disney + app from the microsoft store onto my surface pro. It's been stuck on the starting download screen for 10 minutes and not moving. Any ideas on why it won't download

:)

robin wilson5, Jun 10, 2024
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 10, 2024
  3. Disney Plus on my Surface

Hi guys,

Do you know if there will be an app to be able to watch Disney Plus on my Surface (or my PC for that matter)?

Thanks.

dantruchsess, Jun 10, 2024
  4. I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...

Need help with installation of Disney+ app

Hi JDM. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Unfortunately the app in the MS Store is only available for Xbox:

https://mspoweruser.com/disney-app-is-now-avail...

However there is a way to install the Chromium app in the Edge browser explained here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-disn...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-disney...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on detailed results you post back I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...

1. I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting... - Similar Threads - I'm trying install

2. I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...: I'm trying to install Disney + app from the microsoft store onto my surface pro. It's been stuck on the starting download screen for 10 minutes and not moving. Any ideas on why it won't download...
  3. I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to install Disney + app on my surface pro but it's stuck saying "starting...: I'm trying to install Disney + app from the microsoft store onto my surface pro. It's been stuck on the starting download screen for 10 minutes and not moving. Any ideas on why it won't download...
  4. disney+ dektop app says not availible in my region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disney+ dektop app says not availible in my region: it has been available in South Africa since last year, it does work on browser chrome, fire fox, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disney-dektop-app-says-not-availible-in-my-region/6f83a5ea-1434-4ef3-8782-4755973be592
  5. disney+ dektop app says not availible in my region

disney+ dektop app says not availible in my region: it has been available in South Africa since last year, it does work on browser chrome, fire fox, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disney-dektop-app-says-not-availible-in-my-region/6f83a5ea-1434-4ef3-8782-4755973be592
  6. DISNEY+ APP`

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISNEY+ APP`: Disney+ app is not available in southeast asia, Im in Philippines and there is no way that i could watch disney+ using my desktop. they allow web browsing but for 720p only, when will the app release here...
  7. Disney+ app?

Disney+ app?: IS there any plans for the Disney+ app for Win10? I have talked to Disney directly and they said that it is a Microsoft decision, not theirs. So...why no app? Would like to take advantage of the 4K and Dolby Vision content. Xbox has it, why not windows?...
  8. Disney+ app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disney+ app: Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows if there will be a Disney+ app in the near future? I haven't seen anything about it yet, and it will greatly affect my decision to keep the product as my PC is my hub for gaming and HTPC....
  9. Disney+ app not installing on my laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disney+ app not installing on my laptop: Hello, Is Disney+ only available on Xbox One? I am trying to download it on my laptop but the Microsoft Store say I have no devices connected to my account. I went to manage my devices and my laptop is listed as my only device. I even tried to sign in with my school account...
  10. Disney Plus on my Surface

Disney Plus on my Surface: Hi guys, Do you know if there will be an app to be able to watch Disney Plus on my Surface (or my PC for that matter)? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disney-plus-on-my-surface/fc1c8c5a-dc56-4887-a8d2-ff05d1379d90