Windows 10: I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

Discus and support I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For reference:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Asell_s, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Asell_s Win User

I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

For reference:

:)

Asell_s, Feb 29, 2024
  2. lsylsy1 Win User

Transfer windows 10 Pro license to new build pc

I would like to Transfer windows 10 Pro license from a most dead old PC to new build pc. Teach me how.

lsylsy1, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Evan Pax Win User
    Transfer digital license to new laptop

Hi,

I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?

Thank you!!

Evan Pax, Mar 1, 2024
  4. LennyA Win User

I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?

Hi! How can I transfer the Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?

I bought Windows 10/11 Pro from Microsoft Store on December 27 2017 for my old laptop. How does it work? How can I get this transfer to my new laptop? Can someone provide step by step? I was reading other comments online and I don't feel confidence with other people posts. So tell me, if I go to accounts.microsoft.com? I logged in as my Microsoft account. Should I click on Devices tab? I looked at my devices and saw my old laptop on the list. Should I click on Remove Device? Will it free up the license? And go on my new laptop and go to Microsoft Store and will it activate the license on my new laptop?

LennyA, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop... - Similar Threads - I'm building transfer

2. Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hello,I have an old laptop that came with Windows 10 Home license when i bought it then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the store. Can i transfer the Pro license to the new laptop? And Will the old laptop fall back to Windows 10 Home license or it will be unlicensed?...
  3. I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...: For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-building-a-new-pc-and-i-would-like-to-transfer/a555fc8e-d099-4c79-a680-0f9834dedba3
  4. I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...: For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-building-a-new-pc-and-i-would-like-to-transfer/a555fc8e-d099-4c79-a680-0f9834dedba3
  5. i got a new pc and would like to transfer my second hard drive from my old pc to this new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a new pc and would like to transfer my second hard drive from my old pc to this new...: i recently got a new pc and need to put a hard drive inside of it. i have a spare one inside my old pc. i want to download windows 10 to this hard drive so when i move it i can use the pc. how do i download windows 10 to this hard drive and set it up on my new pc...
  6. i got a new pc and would like to transfer my second hard drive from my old pc to this new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got a new pc and would like to transfer my second hard drive from my old pc to this new...: i recently got a new pc and need to put a hard drive inside of it. i have a spare one inside my old pc. i want to download windows 10 to this hard drive so when i move it i can use the pc. how do i download windows 10 to this hard drive and set it up on my new pc...
  7. i got a new pc and would like to transfer my second hard drive from my old pc to this new...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. License Transfer new PC build

License Transfer new PC build: Hello All, I'm hoping the answer is yes however I would like to check if anyone has experience of the following - I've had the same PC for quite a long time now, and have in that time switched to using an SSD, new graphics and memory, motherboard has not changed. Originally...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC

Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC: Hi, My old PC build has a valid Windows 10 Pro license attached to my MSFT account and when I did a complete rebuild of my new PC, and attempted to activate Windows with the same MSFT account following the exception pathway, the troubleshooter returned with "We can’t find...
  10. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to...