Windows 10: If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it?

Discus and support If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey I need help, I was writing code in visual studio code and my fingers slipped on keyboard, I don't know what I pressed or even if this is the reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Damian Tabiszewski, Sep 29, 2024 at 5:42 PM.

1. If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it?

Hey I need help, I was writing code in visual studio code and my fingers slipped on keyboard, I don't know what I pressed or even if this is the reason I am encountering problems right now. "ctrl" + "z" stopped working, I checked it on online keyboard testing and it seems like every other shortcut is registered properly, but with "ctrl" + "z" it looks like this:if ctrl is pressed and I try to press z, the ctrl is immediately "disabled" even if I continue on pressing it, and z is pressed instead resulting in printing of IF ctrl is pressed and I try to press shift, the ctrl is immediately "disab

:)

Damian Tabiszewski, Sep 29, 2024 at 5:42 PM

2. Ctrl+Z not working properly

In excel, when I press ctrl+z, instead of undo it will go to the top of the page and delete a random cell. At this point there is no restoring what it just did. The undo and redo buttons are grayed out. This happens no matter which file I have open. If I manually press the undo arrow instead of ctrl+z it works as intended. How can I fix my ctrl+z since I love my keyboard shortcuts. By the way ctrl+z works fine in word, it's just excel that I'm having this issue. Please advise.

Daniel Tillery, Sep 29, 2024 at 5:46 PM
  3. Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z

Hi william thank you for your kind response. i have already pressed ctrl + shift + z , also pressed ctrl + y many times but the notepad txt file is still 0 kb , there is not previous version to restore, i saved the file correctly before i pressed ctrl
    + z

4. Tenforo Active Member

If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it?

Keyboard Shortcut Issues on ASUS TUF Laptop: Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Alt+Delete Not Working

A few hours ago, after playing a game that required frequent use of the Ctrl key, I noticed that some of my commonly used keyboard shortcuts had stopped working, particularly Ctrl+Z for undoing actions. Instead of functioning normally, pressing Ctrl+Z types a "z". Additionally, other shortcuts that use the Ctrl key, such as Ctrl+Alt+Delete, no longer work, while others such as Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V still function properly.

I used the on-screen keyboard to diagnose the issue. When performing a working shortcut like Ctrl+C, the on-screen keyboard indicates that the Ctrl key is held down as expected. However, when attempting Ctrl+Z, the on-screen keyboard shows that the Ctrl key is not being held down after pressing the Z key.

Here are some troubleshooting steps I have already tried, none of which resolved the issue:

• Restarting my computer
    • Updating Windows
    • Updating related drivers
    • Checking startup programs
    • Reviewing problem history
    • Checking Task Scheduler
    • Running DISM
    • Running SFC
    • Using the Keyboard Troubleshooter
    • Booting in Safe Mode
    • Checking for Sticky Keys
    • Checking for malware

Here is a list of shortcuts that do not work:

• Ctrl+Enter
    • Ctrl+Left Shift
    • Ctrl+Space
    • Ctrl+Left Alt
    • Ctrl+Down Arrow
    • Ctrl+Up Arrow
    • Ctrl+F8
    • Ctrl+Z
    • Ctrl+N
    • Ctrl+B
    • Ctrl+Numpad 0
    • Ctrl+Numpad -
    • Ctrl+Numpad *

Unfortunately, I cannot test this issue with another keyboard as I am using an ASUS TUF laptop and do not have access to an external keyboard.

I think it might have something to do with the function key as it has done stuff like this before with the windows key and Armoury Crate.

Thank you for your help.

If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it? [​IMG]

Thema:

If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it?

1. If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it? - Similar Threads - 'z' pressed 'ctrl'

2. If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If 'z' is pressed 'ctrl' is disabled, how to fix it?: Hey I need help, I was writing code in visual studio code and my fingers slipped on keyboard, I don't know what I pressed or even if this is the reason I am encountering problems right now. "ctrl" + "z" stopped working, I checked it on online keyboard testing and it seems...
  3. How can I recover a file that was on my desktop after pressing Ctrl + Z?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover a file that was on my desktop after pressing Ctrl + Z?: I'm gonna be as verbose as possible so people don't misunderstand me.I have a bunch of text files on my desktop and I decided to change their positions around. After realising I didn't like where they were, I figured I could press undo Ctrl + Z a few times to get them back to...
  4. How can I recover a file that was on my desktop after pressing Ctrl + Z?

How can I recover a file that was on my desktop after pressing Ctrl + Z?: I'm gonna be as verbose as possible so people don't misunderstand me.I have a bunch of text files on my desktop and I decided to change their positions around. After realising I didn't like where they were, I figured I could press undo Ctrl + Z a few times to get them back to...
  5. Ctrl z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  6. Ctrl z

Ctrl z: I was writing in the notepad and then I clicked ctrl z to undo what I did but instead of retrieving my notes while clicking ctrl z, my notes were all gone.. I need to know how and why it happened ??...
  7. Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.: So I was ironically trying to make a back up of my android phone as it has a lot of important pictures. I made a new folder on desktop and went to the folder on my android selected everything and then moved them to the new folder on my PC. I decided to undo the move, so I...
  8. Ctrl+Z bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl+Z bug: Good Day, I have this Ctrl + Z bug where it freezes my application whenever i click this 2 keys. I tried it in Chrome, Paint, Notepad, VS Code etc. Same behaviour for any application that is able to do a Ctrl + Z undo. I have also tried using the On-Screen Keyboard to do a...
  9. Ctrl+z not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl+z not working: My shortcut keys are not working (including undo paste and copy) please help me I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard from device manager and I still can't figure it out submitted by /u/chickencurrybangs [link] [comments]...
  10. Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z: i was working on 2 text file, i saved the data from my server and saved it on those 2 text files after that i accidently pressed ctrl+z or don't know which key that the both files i saved are still there but data is 0kb, i tried redo but no luck, files are not even in tmp...