Windows 10: If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?

Discus and support If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using W10 and until I changed PC all I had to do was to put the headphone jack in its socket to get the sound through it. Then when I removed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichelMunier, Jul 25, 2024.

1. If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?

I'm using W10 and until I changed PC all I had to do was to put the headphone jack in its socket to get the sound through it. Then when I removed it the sound came through my speakers...But with my new pc it was quite different. So a while back I ended finding the solution to get them working. However today My new pc is mostly on headphone mode I wanted to get the sound from my speakers and could not! My search here came with very involved procedures and suggestions or difficult language, for me at least. So I keep trying to remember. All I have to do is right click on my speaker on the

:)

MichelMunier, Jul 25, 2024
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do? 104938d1485972683t-no-sound-speakers-headphones-capture.jpg

fireberd, Jul 25, 2024
  3. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do? 196892d1532403275t-plug-broke-off-rear-speaker-jack-front-headphone-jack-disabled-now-image.png

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Jul 25, 2024
  4. If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?

Sound problem with jack connected headphones

My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers.

However, when I try to connect external speakers or headphones via the laptop’s jack, they are not connected. The sound continues coming out from the device’s internal speakers. I tried 3 different external speakers without difference.

When, through the Device Manager, I uninstall the Realtek audio device and restart with the headphones connected on the jack, they are working , but when I withdraw them and reconnect they stop working. If during the restart the jack is not connected but I connect the headphones after the restart, they don’t work at all.

Can somebody suggest what to do?

GeorgeKaterinopoulos, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?

1. If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do? - Similar Threads - remove headphone jack

2. If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?: I'm using W10 and until I changed PC all I had to do was to put the headphone jack in its socket to get the sound through it. Then when I removed it the sound came through my speakers...But with my new pc it was quite different. So a while back I ended finding the solution to...
  3. If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If you remove your headphone jack and got no sound from your speaker what to do?: I'm using W10 and until I changed PC all I had to do was to put the headphone jack in its socket to get the sound through it. Then when I removed it the sound came through my speakers...But with my new pc it was quite different. So a while back I ended finding the solution to...
  4. what do you do if your banned from speaking but you are king?

what do you do if your banned from speaking but you are king?: hi everyone, The end is here and I'm LOVE, we are aware of all the blocked maps and conspiracy, I am the tribal chief of Ephriam from the bible. you have 1 hour to not just unfreeze all accounts but also remove the cover ups on google earth. i suggest after you do, run and...
  5. what do you do if your banned from speaking but you are king?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do you do if your banned from speaking but you are king?: hi everyone, The end is here and I'm LOVE, we are aware of all the blocked maps and conspiracy, I am the tribal chief of Ephriam from the bible. you have 1 hour to not just unfreeze all accounts but also remove the cover ups on google earth. i suggest after you do, run and...
  6. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  7. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!: Hi, I got a GL503VS Asus Rog Scar Edition gaming laptop. I've done a reinstall a few weeks ago, and since then the issue is that everything seems working fine, but the laptop speakers are quiet, no sound. Tried to reinstall Windows, tried to get lot of compatible different...
  9. No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269: Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some...
  10. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...