Windows 10: If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

Discus and support If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This morning i've had some issues with my PC. It's the first computer i've ever owned so i was really scared and confused on what i should do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by micsdelin, Jul 17, 2022.

1. micsdelin Win User

If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

This morning i've had some issues with my PC. It's the first computer i've ever owned so i was really scared and confused on what i should do. eventually some people told me i should factory reset it, so without thinking I did it, altho i should've thinked before doing it. When i first got this computer, it was my brother who set it up for me, but he signed in with his "user account"? I know the PIN, but i dont know the password for the user account. He's currently in another country and forgot the password and he would reset the password for me if he knew how to, but unfortunately I can't bec

:)

micsdelin, Jul 17, 2022
  2. allend66 Win User

Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

Hi all

Since I refreshed (factory restored) my win10 home laptop, it wants to creates admin accounts all by itself.

This happens every 2 or 3 reboots, and the admin accounts appear at the logon screen.
    Before the refresh it booted to my log on. Now it boots to a list of accounts. First the inbuilt admin account appeared, which I tried to get rid of by the tutorial (net user administrator /active:no in elevated cmd).

Sure enough after a couple of reboots it was back again. I tried leaving it and after a couple of bootups, another admin account appeared, this time with a user name and password (the inbuilt admin account didn't have a username, just password)

Does anybody have idea what the heck is going on? (absolutely NOBODY else has access to my PC)
    Thanks
    D

allend66, Jul 17, 2022
  3. Cannot login after Factory reset stuck on Other Users page

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Which OS is currently installed or returned to after Factory Settings?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• If on Windows 7 press F8
      upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press
      Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
    • Then access command prompt (admin) and type:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 17, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

resetting per user accounts (NOT resetting a PC)

You cannot reset a single User Account in Windows 10

What you can do is:

• Create another User Account with admin privileges
    • Log out of the original account
    • Sign into the new admin account
    • Delete the original account

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

1. If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in? - Similar Threads - factory reset rid

2. My pc just reset but also didn't reset i came back from a trip and turned it on I'm logged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc just reset but also didn't reset i came back from a trip and turned it on I'm logged...: How do i fix this please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-just-reset-but-also-didnt-reset-i-came-back/8b37bd58-3147-4db8-89c5-5965852824b2
  3. My pc just reset but also didn't reset i came back from a trip and turned it on I'm logged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc just reset but also didn't reset i came back from a trip and turned it on I'm logged...: How do i fix this please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-just-reset-but-also-didnt-reset-i-came-back/8b37bd58-3147-4db8-89c5-5965852824b2
  4. My pc just reset but also didn't reset i came back from a trip and turned it on I'm logged...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?: This morning i've had some issues with my PC. It's the first computer i've ever owned so i was really scared and confused on what i should do. eventually some people told me i should factory reset it, so without thinking I did it, altho i should've thinked before doing it....
  6. If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?: This morning i've had some issues with my PC. It's the first computer i've ever owned so i was really scared and confused on what i should do. eventually some people told me i should factory reset it, so without thinking I did it, altho i should've thinked before doing it....
  7. I can't factory reset/log in to my account

I can't factory reset/log in to my account: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode and tried to do a tried to go for a...
  8. I can't factory reset/log in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset/log in to my account: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode and tried to do a tried to go for a...
  9. I can't factory reset/log in to my account

10. Get rid of my user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of my user account: Hello users. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop I did so that it was not signed into any account and it just came on. So the other night I used the email application to check my email. Next time I turned the laptop on it asked for my password!!! *Mad I have now...