Windows 10: If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...

Discus and support If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Because of storage purposes, I need to delete my main account to free some space, but then hesitated because of my license. If I delete my main account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xrou0x, Jul 27, 2024.

1. xrou0x Win User

If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...

Because of storage purposes, I need to delete my main account to free some space, but then hesitated because of my license. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account, will my license be gone? Also, how can I tell if the license is also linked to my account? The picture below shows the message that it's linked to my Microsoft account also shows for the main account, but I don't really know if I should believe it since I never really purchased a license in this account. It's an OEM license, if this will gain more information.

:)

xrou0x, Jul 27, 2024

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,... 95765d1485970538t-link-microsoft-account-windows-10-digital-license-1.jpg

MCardona81, Jul 27, 2024
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Jul 27, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,... :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Jul 27, 2024
Thema:

1. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,... - Similar Threads - delete main account

2. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...: Because of storage purposes, I need to delete my main account to free some space, but then hesitated because of my license. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account, will my license be gone? Also, how can I tell if the license is...
  3. Can i delete my main windows account?

Can i delete my main windows account?: So here my problem , when i first got my computer the performance was great and all but i realised that the account was slow in the meantime so i created an new account but didnt seems any greater so here my question : Can i delete my first account admin...
  4. Can i delete my main windows account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i delete my main windows account?: So here my problem , when i first got my computer the performance was great and all but i realised that the account was slow in the meantime so i created an new account but didnt seems any greater so here my question : Can i delete my first account admin...
  5. Can i delete my main windows account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I need help to delete my main account.

I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  7. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  8. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  10. Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main: First question, Do downloaded apps on another account show up on another from app history. I know its hard to understand what I mean but in the windows 10 store uninstalled apps are still present, so I was wondering if those apps show up on other accounts. You cannot delete...