Windows 10: Identify driver causing BSOD

Discus and support Identify driver causing BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I receive a bluescreen on reboot, it occurs twice and then when I go to the troubleshooter and select normal reboot, it starts fine. I have run windbg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JG005, Sep 18, 2024 at 1:27 PM.

1. JG005 Win User

Identify driver causing BSOD

I receive a bluescreen on reboot, it occurs twice and then when I go to the troubleshooter and select normal reboot, it starts fine. I have run windbg on the .dmp file and it appears to be a driver issue, but I cannot identify which one. Can I upload the .dmp file to be analyzed in attempt to identify which driver is the cause?

:)

2. Identifying driver causing BSOD

My laptop suddenly went into BSOD with the error IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried using a bsod viewer to identify the driver but it just states ntoskrnl.exe. I have the dump files available, will it be helpful in identifying the driver that is causing this
    issue?

SilentstormSP, Sep 18, 2024 at 1:32 PM
  3. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

Hi

I have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.

It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggests

But I can't identify which one.

I'm constantly updating. Please help me. These are my settings and the most recent dmp files:

Microsoft OneDrive

Thanks

4. Golden Win User

BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Thema:

1. Identify driver causing BSOD - Similar Threads - Identify driver causing

2. Identify driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identify driver causing BSOD: I receive a bluescreen on reboot, it occurs twice and then when I go to the troubleshooter and select normal reboot, it starts fine. I have run windbg on the .dmp file and it appears to be a driver issue, but I cannot identify which one. Can I upload the .dmp file to be...
  3. Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD: HelloI've been having this BSOD issue for 3 weeks now and still can't figure out what's causing it.I already bought brand new RAM for this cuz I thought it was the RAM after testing some of my parts using my friend's PC.I attached the latest BSOD log, I'm not sure how to...
  4. Identifying the cause of BSOD and dmp files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying the cause of BSOD and dmp files.: I have been getting the BSOD on my PC every 15~20 minutes and wanted to see if the dmp files could help identify what is causing it.Here is the link to the dmp files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlzMBUnTtl9JjE9BM0vPB5ztnUYQ?e=NAhnA1Thank you in advance, I have a suspect feeling that...
  5. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify which driver is causing BSOD: HiI have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggestsBut I can't identify which one.I'm constantly updating....
  6. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify which driver is causing BSOD: HiI have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggestsBut I can't identify which one.I'm constantly updating....
  7. BSOD cannot identify cause

BSOD cannot identify cause: Hi, for about a month I have been having frequent BSOD on my Windows 10 PC. I have updated all my drivers, ensured there are no viruses on my computer, and run windows diagnostics. I suspect it might be one of my usb devices but I can't identify what it is.These are the error...
  8. how to identify the driver causing 0xC1900101

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to identify the driver causing 0xC1900101: tried twice to go from 1909 to 2004 then twice to go from 1919 to 20H2 on an HP255 G6, fails with every time most often on boot the screen goes nuts - looks like the result you get when you try to use an unsupported resolution setting - and I have to hold the power key down...
  9. BSOD caused by drivers supposedly, unable to identify which in particular.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by drivers supposedly, unable to identify which in particular.: Hello, I followed the driver verifier wiki and my latest dump from the driver verifier is included. Any other advice is appreciated, from the tools I have used it says the issue is ntoskrnl.sys, which is the windows kernel which is most likely not the case. Any help?...
  10. Identifying driver causing BSOD

Identifying driver causing BSOD: My laptop suddenly went into BSOD with the error IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried using a bsod viewer to identify the driver but it just states ntoskrnl.exe. I have the dump files available, will it be helpful in identifying the driver that is causing this issue?...