Windows 10: Icons and text blurry or grainy

Discus and support Icons and text blurry or grainy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Suddenly I have the icons and text blurry or grainy, and I also see small lines on a gray background, I also noticed that if I try to take a screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by qAlphe, Oct 22, 2024 at 9:22 PM.

1. qAlphe Win User

Icons and text blurry or grainy

Suddenly I have the icons and text blurry or grainy, and I also see small lines on a gray background, I also noticed that if I try to take a screenshot or a recording of the screen it is not blurry

:)

2. beaualesi Win User

Grainy Text

I've upgraded to Windows 11 and also had IT giuy work on computer so I'm not sure which one did it as they were both done at same time.

All my text is GRAINY/JAGGED( not blurry). Web browsers and programs. Any idea what setting this would be? Thank you very much.

3. Text blurrying out casually?

Hi Alessio, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Bruno Leonel, I am happy to help you.

I understand that you're having issues with blurry text on your new monitor, and I'm really sorry about that. I will try to help you in the best possible way.

In some cases, the problem can be caused by a loose or faulty cable.

See if the cable is tight on the monitor and also on the computer. If the problem persists, consider replacing the cable.

I suggest initially that you try to perform the steps below:

Step 1

Use ClearType

Open the menu and search for "Adjust ClearType Text" and click trim to open.

Follow the steps on the screen that will open.

step 2

Click "Start Menu" and click "Settings" > "System".

In "System", click "Display", the option "Change the size of text, apps and other items", set it to 100%. If it already is, go to the next step.

step 3

Open Windows 10/11 search and type fix blurry apps. In the list of options, click Fix apps that are blurry settings.

This will open the Advanced Scaling Settings page.

You need to enable the toggle button behind 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they aren't blurry'

step 4

Update the video driver by the manufacturer.

Press Win + R keys and type MSinfo32.

Check the manufacturer and access the website, download the video driver and install it.

If you have an NVIDIA or RADEON graphics card, search for the card model and install the latest driver version.

If the answer helped in any way, please mark it as an answer, if your question has not been solved, please post again.

I hope I helped, see you later!

Bruno A. Leonel, Oct 22, 2024 at 9:26 PM
  4. Icons and text blurry or grainy

Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Thank you for the feedback, JK. Have you tried to adjust the compatibility settings of the Microsoft Office programs? If you haven't, then let's adjust it to improve its appearance. Follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon, then File Explorer.
    • Open Microsoft Office folder.
    • Right-click the icon of the Office program with blurry text and click
      Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Thema:

Icons and text blurry or grainy

1. Icons and text blurry or grainy - Similar Threads - Icons text blurry

2. Icons and text blurry or grainy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons and text blurry or grainy: Suddenly I have the icons and text blurry or grainy, and I also see small lines on a gray background, I also noticed that if I try to take a screenshot or a recording of the screen it is not blurry...
  3. Icons and text blurry or grainy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and text blurry or grainy: Suddenly I have the icons and text blurry or grainy, and I also see small lines on a gray background, I also noticed that if I try to take a screenshot or a recording of the screen it is not blurry...
  4. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  5. Arabic Text Grainy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arabic Text Grainy: Hi MaqboolAhmad3 ,Good day!I would like to know the reason why you are cascading sheet?Are you coding something ?Where are you seeing the issue through web or windows?We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us...
  6. Arabic Text Grainy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arabic Text Grainy: Hi MaqboolAhmad3 ,Good day!I would like to know the reason why you are cascading sheet?Are you coding something ?Where are you seeing the issue through web or windows?We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us...
  7. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  8. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  9. Blurry background text and icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry background text and icons: Hi, After updating to Windows10 version 1909, my desktop background and text become so blurry. My monitor resolution is 2560x1440 with a 144 Hz refresh rate. I have a Gtx 1080 display card and I have installed the latest available driver already. However, when I lower...
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...