Windows 10: Icon keeps appearing on the screen

Discus and support Icon keeps appearing on the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I brought a numerical keypad to use with it, but every time I press on a key an icon flashes up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by monkey_77, Nov 24, 2020.

1. monkey_77 Win User

Icon keeps appearing on the screen

Hi

I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I brought a numerical keypad to use with it, but every time I press on a key an icon flashes up on the screen...

Icon keeps appearing on the screen 5bc4d33e-3320-43b1-be83-5a62b63dfb9c?upload=true.png

Any way that I can stop this from happening?

Thanks,

:)

monkey_77, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Icon keeps appearing on the screen :)

3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Nov 24, 2020
  4. JulieK101 Win User

On screen keyboard pops-up at boot and desktop icon cannot be adjust

Vanessa,

Thank you so much for trying to help with a few of my problems. I have tried the steps you listed above and the keyboard is turned to off but it still continues to appear when I restart the computer and the Auto Arrange Icons is not checked but the icons
    continue to move to the middle of my screen.

Do you have any other suggestions for these issues and with my McAfee?

JulieK101, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Icon keeps appearing on the screen - Similar Threads - Icon keeps appearing

2. Splash screen keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Splash screen keeps appearing: I use Windows 11 and this splash screen will appear sporadically - After 3 days, sometimes after 2 weeks. It will happen in the morning, in the evening, it's all random.Looks like windows out of the box experience OOBE but I disabled this by going to SYSTEM -> NOTIFICATIONS...
  3. Blue screen keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen keeps appearing: Hi thereI just build my new pc and I keep getting a BSOD either saying DPC Watchdog Violation or Kmode Exception Not Handled. It happens while idling or gaming. I Gaming seems to fasten up the process of getting a blue screen. All the cables are connected properly and all the...
  4. Black Screen Keeps Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Keeps Appearing: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me please regarding a black screen that keeps showing up on my laptop. My laptop is a Lenovo L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL.My games keep crashing/turning to a black screen on my laptop more specifically, during my Sims...
  5. Black Screen Keeps Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen Keeps Appearing: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me please regarding a black screen that keeps showing up on my laptop. My laptop is a Lenovo L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL.My games keep crashing/turning to a black screen on my laptop more specifically, during my Sims...
  6. Blue screen keeps on appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen keeps on appearing: Hello, I experienced a blue screen and it keeps on coming back. I've accessed the dump file and maybe some of you can analyze it for me to resolve the issue of what caused it. Thank You! You can access the dump file here....
  7. Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar: Hi, Just recently an icon keeps appearing on my taskbar, it's only there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. Can you tell me what it is? [ATTACH] Thanks...
  8. No icons appear on the screen anywhere.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons appear on the screen anywhere.: I bought a new computer recently and andit has been working just fine until now. When i loqd up the computer no icons apear anywhere, on the top or taskbar. I trued to find a solution but the ones i found about explorer.exe wont work because when i try to open it up rhat...
  9. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  10. Sign screen keeps appearing

Sign screen keeps appearing: My new HP, Windows 10 laptop goes to the sign in screen, even when I'm on the internet or working in Word. It ignores the times I set in power-saver for it sleep. Help!...