Windows 10: I2C HID device code error 10

Discus and support I2C HID device code error 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i tried to reinstalling it , i cannot roll back the device version , i also tried updating it and it says the best driver is already installed for you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bigboi_420, Aug 23, 2022.

1. I2C HID device code error 10

i tried to reinstalling it , i cannot roll back the device version , i also tried updating it and it says the best driver is already installed for you. What do i do. laptop model FX 505DT the touchpad is not working. it happens after i switch my keyboard.

:)

bigboi_420, Aug 23, 2022
  2. DaCoolCat Win User

Touchscreen not working - I2C HID Device Code 10

Please help,

My notebook touchscreen was playing up before (tapping a few times before it responded). I decided to restart and now it doesn't work at all. Device Manager says I2C HID Device (which the HID Touchscreen and Pen are 'on') is on code 10 - Device cannot start. Tried:

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

DaCoolCat, Aug 23, 2022
  3. I2C HID Device not working properly. Showing code 10 error

I2C HID Device not working properly. Showing code 10 error.

I've already tried these below solutions but couldn't resolve:

1. Updated BIOS.

2. Disabled and again enabled the concerned driver.

3. Driver updates (Windows not showing any updates for I2C HID device).

4. Switched to Windows 11.

Could anyone please help in this regard.

Note: Windows version is 21H2.

VaibhavShah3, Aug 23, 2022
  4. NongJin Win User

I2C HID device code error 10

Touch screen stops working -I2C HID device error

I have a LG gram laptop 16T90P-KAAE7UI running windows 11. In the last few months, touch screen has been intermittely stopping working. The device manager always showed there was an error in I2C HID device - This device cannot start (code 10). Usually, I could recover by doing one of the following things:

• disabling and enabling the device,
    • simply rebooting the system or
    • uninstalling the device and then restart the laptop.
    Today, after pushing the sleep button on the side of the laptop and then pushing it again to wake up the laptop, touch screen completely stopped working. None of the methods mentioned above works. Touch screen function refues to work and device manager always shows that I2C HID device cannot start (code 10). The following message appeared with recovery attempts

• A request for the HID descriptor failed (most often), or
    • The device failed the SET_POWER command, or
    • One byte was expected in the report descriptor but not found
    I also did update from Windows update and LG update center. All things have been updated to date. No luck to make touch screen work again.

Touchpad always works without issue. What else can I do to fix the I2C HID device error and bring touch screen back to work?

Thanks.

NongJin, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

I2C HID device code error 10

1. I2C HID device code error 10 - Similar Threads - I2C HID device

2. I2C HID Device Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device Error: HI, I recently bought Infinix inbook X2 for my father,when he was using the laptop the touchpad is not working, so i check the device manager and when there is a warning sign on the I2C HID Device, and when i click it it says "This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for...
  3. I2C HID Device - Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device - Code 10: My touchpad doesn't work, says "This device cannot start. Code 10". I've tried practically everything, from going to Windows 10 to factory resetting my laptop. I know it can be fixed since recently my touchpad worked for 2 seconds on startup, it's just whether I can fix it or...
  4. I2C HID Device - Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID Device - Code 10: My touchpad doesn't work, says "This device cannot start. Code 10". I've tried practically everything, from going to Windows 10 to factory resetting my laptop. I know it can be fixed since recently my touchpad worked for 2 seconds on startup, it's just whether I can fix it or...
  5. i2c hid device code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i2c hid device code 10: how can i fix my laptop, i have tried updating it and it shows a code 10 error saying device cannot start. Do you guys know if there is any other touchpad drivers I can use?I am using a dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 laptop windows 11...
  6. i2c hid device code 10

i2c hid device code 10: how can i fix my laptop, i have tried updating it and it shows a code 10 error saying device cannot start. Do you guys know if there is any other touchpad drivers I can use?I am using a dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 laptop windows 11...
  7. I2C HID Device error code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device error code 10: Hey guys, I recently reset an old laptop, and the touchpad was working just fine after I reset it. After a day or two, the touchpad randomly stopped working. I looked in device manager and I saw I2C HID error code 10. I tried updating the drivers, and it said drivers are up...
  8. I2C HID Device error code 10

I2C HID Device error code 10: Hey guys, I recently reset an old laptop, and the touchpad was working just fine after I reset it. After a day or two, the touchpad randomly stopped working. I looked in device manager and I saw I2C HID error code 10. I tried updating the drivers, and it said drivers are up...
  9. I2C HID device code error 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID device code error 10: i tried to reinstalling it , i cannot roll back the device version , i also tried updating it and it says the best driver is already installed for you. What do i do. laptop model FX 505DT the touchpad is not working. it happens after i switch my keyboard....
  10. I2C HID device code error 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I2C HID device code error 10: i tried to reinstalling it , i cannot roll back the device version , i also tried updating it and it says the best driver is already installed for you. What do i do. laptop model FX 505DT the touchpad is not working. it happens after i switch my keyboard....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this device cannot start. (code 10) i2c hid