Windows 10: I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

Discus and support I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I make a second option startup file option that displays when booting up my PC to windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James Beaucham, Jun 9, 2024.

1. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

How do I make a second option startup file option that displays when booting up my PC to windows 10?

:)

James Beaucham, Jun 9, 2024
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 9, 2024
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 9, 2024
  4. feelulive Win User

I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Jun 9, 2024
Thema:

I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

1. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this... - Similar Threads - add second startup

2. I would like to know how to add my photo to my startup screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to know how to add my photo to my startup screen?: I would like to know how to add my picture to my startup screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-know-how-to-add-my-photo-to-my/8ee487d3-4e6d-4802-ae61-4709ff4ab088
  3. I would like to know how to add my photo to my startup screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to know how to add my photo to my startup screen?: I would like to know how to add my picture to my startup screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-know-how-to-add-my-photo-to-my/8ee487d3-4e6d-4802-ae61-4709ff4ab088
  4. I would like to know how to add my photo to my startup screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...: How do I make a second option startup file option that displays when booting up my PC to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-add-a-second-startup-option-to-my/ebf1643f-57c1-4e21-9c34-a897371d8e06
  6. I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to add a second startup option to my PC when booting. I used to always do this...: How do I make a second option startup file option that displays when booting up my PC to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-add-a-second-startup-option-to-my/ebf1643f-57c1-4e21-9c34-a897371d8e06
  7. I would like to use a different driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to use a different driver: Ive personally found i dont like the realtek audio driver that my computer switches to sometime and in the past i would initiate a troubleshoot and answer in a certain way that would make my computer switch to the default high definition audio device and i found that that...
  8. I would like to use a different driver

I would like to use a different driver: Ive personally found i dont like the realtek audio driver that my computer switches to sometime and in the past i would initiate a troubleshoot and answer in a certain way that would make my computer switch to the default high definition audio device and i found that that...
  9. I would like to use write down always on with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to use write down always on with Windows11: I use galaxybook flex2 with s-pen on windows 11.I would like to use s-pen to write down when touch input field with notebook mode also.I found "Setting - Bluetooth and Connected device - Pen & Windows Ink"There are only option when actual key board is not connected may be...
  10. I would like to use write down always on with Windows11

I would like to use write down always on with Windows11: I use galaxybook flex2 with s-pen on windows 11.I would like to use s-pen to write down when touch input field with notebook mode also.I found "Setting - Bluetooth and Connected device - Pen & Windows Ink"There are only option when actual key board is not connected may be...