Windows 10: I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?

Discus and support I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received an email today that I was removed from the family group I created. How is this even possible? I want to be added back as my sons account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ONASSIS DANIELS, Jun 28, 2024.

1. I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?

I received an email today that I was removed from the family group I created. How is this even possible? I want to be added back as my sons account is in this group. I am divorced and have no issue with my ex-husband and his kids being removed, but I don’t understand how I was removed without communication from a group I created?????

:)

ONASSIS DANIELS, Jun 28, 2024

2. Still need permission even though i am not in a family group

• I am not getting any error messages
    • I've just started experiencing these issues, because I haven't log into my Microsoft account since I had my Xbox 360 and made a parental account which I own. Anyways I bought a pc the other day and when I saw that my main account was listed as a child's
      account I exited the family in that account and I yet require permission from an adult account. Besides leaving the family I don't remember making any prior change.
    • Well I joined the family group again and try to give my self permission on the adult account but didn't understand what steps to take so, I left the family group again, but this time I made my account an adult account, but I still required permission.

Infinity_-FightZ, Jun 28, 2024
  3. RJV 808 Win User
    How do I COMLETELY remove a user from my Family group?

Thank you Javier for getting back to me on this question.

I went to the link that you suggested. The most applicable section was 'Add People to a home PC'.

I used the procedure under "If you need to remove that person's sign-in information from your PC:".

Step 1; Successful

Step 2: There is no Remove option for that user; only Change Account Type and Allow

I also clicked on the Manage Family Settings link and the were were no users listed other than me (this is expected since there are no other users other than me.

I then restarted the computer and went through Step 1 again. The user was still under the Family group.

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

RJV 808, Jun 28, 2024
  4. I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?

How do I remove myself from a family group I was mistakenly added to?

Thanks for the link and the suggestion. I am not the group owner, do not know them, and do not have permission to remove myself. I am looking for a way to have Microsoft remove me from the family group.

Acboss Legend, Jun 28, 2024
Thema:

I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?

1. I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change? - Similar Threads - was removed own

2. I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?: I received an email today that I was removed from the family group I created. How is this even possible? I want to be added back as my sons account is in this group. I am divorced and have no issue with my ex-husband and his kids being removed, but I don’t understand how I...
  3. I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was removed from my own family group. Who gave permission for this unauthorized change?: I received an email today that I was removed from the family group I created. How is this even possible? I want to be added back as my sons account is in this group. I am divorced and have no issue with my ex-husband and his kids being removed, but I don’t understand how I...
  4. How can I remove another adult from my family group who is an organiser when there is no...

How can I remove another adult from my family group who is an organiser when there is no...: I am the family organiser and premium subscriber for my Microsoft account. My ex-husband is still on my account as an organiser and I wish to remove him from this and the family group. Whenever I click on the 3 dots to remove him, a box pops up with 'Underneath the options...
  5. How can I remove another adult from my family group who is an organiser when there is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove another adult from my family group who is an organiser when there is no...: I am the family organiser and premium subscriber for my Microsoft account. My ex-husband is still on my account as an organiser and I wish to remove him from this and the family group. Whenever I click on the 3 dots to remove him, a box pops up with 'Underneath the options...
  6. How can I remove another adult from my family group who is an organiser when there is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...: I have a family group. I am the one and only organiser. The only other member is my son, who has never connected his devices to it. I'm trying to remove him and leave the group myself, so we can both join my husband's group. I cannot remove my son. I get this message: "Family...
  8. How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...: I have a family group. I am the one and only organiser. The only other member is my son, who has never connected his devices to it. I'm trying to remove him and leave the group myself, so we can both join my husband's group. I cannot remove my son. I get this message: "Family...
  9. Remove family group from my computer

Remove family group from my computer: I want to remove a family group on my computer. I am the local computer Administrator and not part of the family group.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-family-group-from-my-computer/b90f4253-94d3-49f3-b97c-f148e0ea7665
  10. How do I remove my own email on my family group?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove my own email on my family group?: I created a new administrator account to rename my user folder. As I deleted the old admin account that was linked to Microsoft, I forgot to make it local user first, not sure if I had to do that. What happened now is the email is now listed under 'Your Family' and I...