Windows 10: I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

Discus and support I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeanHendersonUV, Nov 10, 2022.

1. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks

:)

SeanHendersonUV, Nov 10, 2022
  2. PKJ
    pkj Win User

Transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC

I have purchased a new PC and I would like to transfer Windows license from my old PC to the new one. I am using Windows 10 (which was upgraded from Win 8.1) on my older computer and is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. On my new PC, I have installed fresh copy of Win 10 using Media Creation Tool. To activate Windows on the new PC, I attempted the following, but have not deactivated Windows on the old PC (deactivation procedure described here)-

Settings > Update & Security > Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Logged into my connected Microsoft account > This is the device I’m using right now > Activate.

After performing the above, I am unable to activate Windows on my new PC. Please help me with the following-

1. Do I need to deactivate windows on older PC first?
    2. Does Microsoft entitle users to transfer licenses to new PC?
    3. Is there anything else which I have missed out?

If this helps- slmgr -dli gives the following

I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one... LTP2X.jpg

3. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 10, 2022
  4. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

Deactivate windows digital license for good on old hardware

Hi BryanDashper,

Commonly if you transfer a license from one device to a new device. The Windows on the old device will automatically be deactivated.

Please do try using the step below to uninstall the license key.

1. In the command prompt with admin rights. Type or copy-paste the command below. Press enter on each command.

slmgr /upk

slmgr /cpky

If the issue persists, try to install a different Windows edition on the old PC.

Best regards,

Van

Van Dennis, Nov 10, 2022
Thema:

I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

1. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one... - Similar Threads - transfer license deactivated

2. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?...
  3. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?...
  4. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...: The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-license-to-my-new-pc/d8875633-f913-42a9-a8c0-995ac1c701f1
  5. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...: The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-license-to-my-new-pc/d8875633-f913-42a9-a8c0-995ac1c701f1
  6. I can't move my Windows license from my old PC to my new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't move my Windows license from my old PC to my new one: I have checked to see if it's a Retail license using command prompt. I can deactivate and reactivate it on the old PC just fine, but if I deactivate it and try to activate it on the new PC, I just get the invalid product code error0xc004f050. It was originally a Windows 7...
  7. I want to transfer my retail Windows 10 home licence from my old PC to a new one.

I want to transfer my retail Windows 10 home licence from my old PC to a new one.: I want to transfer my retail Windows 10 home licence from my old PC to a new one. I have Digital License linked to my Microsoft Account When I try I am getting error code 0x004F213...
  8. I want to transfer my retail Windows 10 pro licence from my old PC to a new one.

I want to transfer my retail Windows 10 pro licence from my old PC to a new one.: I've already uninstalled the key from my previous PC. But I can't use the same key on a new computer. I thought retail keys were transferable? I tried using the troubleshooter but it didn't find any solutions....
  9. How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one: how do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-license-from-an-old-computer/df3f59b2-7b9d-4e6e-a4b9-c57cff398e15"
  10. I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.: I have a 10 years old laptop that I am not using anymore and I would like to know if it is possible to transfer my windows license from it to my new build desktop pc. The laptop that has windows 10 in it, had originally a windows 7 32bit model that came with it preinstalled....