Windows 10: I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...

Discus and support I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I move these around?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blankieboop, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:02 PM.

1. I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...

How do I move these around?

:)

2. Unable to delete Category

I've noticed that when a Category is deleted from the master list, it is not removed from any items that have been assisgned to this category. Let me explain:

I Create and add a Category to A Task. The category is also in the Master list.

I open the Master category list and delete the category I've created above.

Open the task and its still listed in the category field and unless you manually delete it, this category will remain and even sync to your device. I was thinking that maybe one of your items still had that category attached to it. This is indeed weird.
    I will continue searching a solution for your issue.

Linley Meslier, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:03 PM
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

4. acosbey Win User

I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...

"recent items" list for attachment is a random mix of files, only some recent

Using Outlook 365 on a PC.

It used to be that when I went to attach a file to an email, the "recent items" list would be populated with all the files I'd recently worked on, in chronological order from most recent to oldest. For some time now (don't remember when this change happened) that hasn't worked. The drop-down list sometimes has the most recent file I've been working on, but not always, and almost never at the top of the list. And it features files seemingly picked at random that I haven't worked on in ages.

How do I restore this feature, which is a really great feature when it works?

**Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family**

Thema:

I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...

1. I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,... - Similar Threads - move around items

2. I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...: How do I move these around? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-move-around-items-in-between-seemingly/a6fed5cb-3e56-456a-ab89-b402f705aa6a
  3. I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to move around items in between seemingly random categories but it will not let me,...: How do I move these around? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-move-around-items-in-between-seemingly/a6fed5cb-3e56-456a-ab89-b402f705aa6a
  4. Photos Move around

Photos Move around: How do I keep my photos from moving around in a Word document that hasn't got any text it? Just photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-move-around/0f7ac266-7b31-49e6-9477-6387ca7e152e
  5. Apps on the desktop move around randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on the desktop move around randomly: Hey I have two monitors, one being my laptop screen. Sometimes after disconnecting and reconnecting my laptop to the monitor results in the apps to shuffle around. Is there a software to fix that, I am tired of reorganising my laptop submitted by /u/chrisbasmaci [link]...
  6. Moving between items in file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving between items in file explorer windows 10: Hey, I'm New on Windows 10, so i had a few things to discover and get used to. But one thing bothered me and i couldn't get used to it, which is the navigation between items in file explorer, in Windows 8 I was moving between the items and rows with just the arrow keys. Now...
  7. i want to connect to a new wifi but wont let me

i want to connect to a new wifi but wont let me: after using the natural wifi setting I tried to see maybe I was entering the wifi password wrong but when I use cmd it never shows me any other wifi networks than the one I'm connected to...
  8. Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them.

Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them.: I have 2 windows 10 pc's sitting 5 feet from each other. I've set them up to share. I am using my microsoft login on both machines (1 login). I can move files from PC B to PC A, but not From PC A to PC B. when i attempt to move a file from PC A to PC B i get a message:...
  9. border around items in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  10. Want a free program to create and move around text boxes

Want a free program to create and move around text boxes: I'm looking for a program where I can type the names of program categories into dialog boxes - then type the names of programs in some other boxes. Then, I'd like to move the boxes around with my cursor and place the programs under the proper categories. I'd probably be...