Windows 10: I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...

Discus and support I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I change primary account details... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alan moores, Jun 18, 2024.

1. I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...

How do I change primary account details

:)

alan moores, Jun 18, 2024

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 18, 2024
  3. Primary account and ownership of laptop and registering it with Microsoft.

I recently purchased a used computer with Windows 10 Home on it. It has a primary account on it and I presume it is registered with Microsoft. I want to eliminate it and put my own account on it with no association with its previous owner. What are the
    steps to accomplish this? I am also considering upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

Stargazer1942, Jun 18, 2024
  4. pegrafi Win User

I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...

Grandson changed microsoft account

during Xmas my grandson without my permission added his mother's (this) account onto my PC so he could play his games. In doing so he has managed to make this the dominant account and I can't delete it. My account is showing and all the functions attached
    t it are working but every day Microsoft sends me a message requesting I fix an account problem.

1) How do I reinstate my account?

2) Can I keep his mother's (this) account so that when he stays he can play his games?

Regards

pegrafi, Jun 18, 2024
Thema:

I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...

1. I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft... - Similar Threads - laptop grandson add

2. I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...: How do I change primary account details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-give-my-laptop-to-my-grandson-how-do-i/85124bb5-885d-45ec-815d-c4b740442c0b
  3. I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to give my laptop to my grandson how do I add his account as the primary Microsoft...: How do I change primary account details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-give-my-laptop-to-my-grandson-how-do-i/85124bb5-885d-45ec-815d-c4b740442c0b
  4. How do I change my primary microsoft account!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my primary microsoft account!!: My dad gave me my own laptop and decided to make his account a primary account and made mine secondary, now he doesn't use it and I am old enough to have my own account. Still, my dad's account is the only account on this laptop I want to change the email of this account to...
  5. How do I change my primary microsoft account!!

How do I change my primary microsoft account!!: My dad gave me my own laptop and decided to make his account a primary account and made mine secondary, now he doesn't use it and I am old enough to have my own account. Still, my dad's account is the only account on this laptop I want to change the email of this account to...
  6. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  7. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  8. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

9. I am giving my grandson my pc. how do i exchange details

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am giving my grandson my pc. how do i exchange details: I am giving my grandson my pc. how do i exchange details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-giving-my-grandson-my-pc-how-do-i-exchange/baa5f85e-b67a-4d18-a183-f66043519551
  10. I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office...: I am giving my old computer to my grandson, but I want to keep the Windows and Office softwares in that computer under my account so he can use them. How do I do this?...