Windows 10: I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...

Discus and support I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use MS Mail and have blueyonder email account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will lose my email account. How do I backup all emails from MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andy_1001, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Andy_1001 Win User

I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...

I use MS Mail and have blueyonder email account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will lose my email account. How do I backup all emails from MS Mail?

:)

Andy_1001, Apr 27, 2024
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 27, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Advice needed : New e-mail account

I use gmail with Windows Live Mail but I don't use IMAP since I want to leave a copy of all mails on the server once I deleted a mail in WLM.
    If I really want to remove all old mails (sometimes I do) I login to gmail in my webbrowser and delete my old mails.

P4-630, Apr 27, 2024
  4. cirko Win User

I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...

Solution to Windows 10 Mail not correctly recognizing IMAP mail accounts

When setting up a new mail account in the new Windows 10 Mail app, some providers are recognized as POP3 servers automatically, regardless that they offer IMAP as well.

This is due to the fact that when the app prompts the user for an address to be associatied with the new account, it automatically checks the servers present at the address, and may stick to the POP server instead of the IMAP one.

It is impossible to manually define the server from the beginning. It is also impossible to do this offline and change the settings before the app connects to the server, as this leads to a connectivity error.

For some users, this may lead to two very unpleasant behaviors:

• The account will be handled as POP3; Mail automatically downloads ALL the messages from at least the last three months, marking them as unread. Combined with the fact that there is no possibility to select all messages to mark them read, this can be very painful. [Note: The ability to select all messages has been added since December 2015; the issue of this question has not been touched, though]
    • When you try to change the server address to the IMAP address of your provider, syncing will fail completely, even if you specify the correct ports and SSL (e.g. imap.mail.org:997:1). The errors 0x80072726 or 0x8007274d may be shown. This might be attributed to the fact that you don't have the possibility to specify the protocol anymore at this point.

cirko, Apr 27, 2024
Thema:

1. I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will... - Similar Threads - Mail blueyonder mail

2. I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...: I use MS Mail and have blueyonder email account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will lose my email account. How do I backup all emails from MS Mail?...
  3. I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I use MS Mail and have blueyonder mail account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will...: I use MS Mail and have blueyonder email account using IMAP. I am leaving Virgin and will lose my email account. How do I backup all emails from MS Mail?...
  4. Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?

Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?: I recently changed my email client from Windows 11 Mail to Outlook Mail via the button that appears at the top right of the Windows mail client. I have 5 email accounts at Eastlink as well as a few email accounts at Outlook plus one account on Hotmail as well as one account...
  5. Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?: I recently changed my email client from Windows 11 Mail to Outlook Mail via the button that appears at the top right of the Windows mail client. I have 5 email accounts at Eastlink as well as a few email accounts at Outlook plus one account on Hotmail as well as one account...
  6. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings: HiI have two gmail accounts set up under Windows Mail - one was set up under the "Gmail" option and works fine. The other was set up using the "Other" option and IMAP as I need to be able to use a different sender name for the second one. Until last week these were both...
  7. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings: HiI have two gmail accounts set up under Windows Mail - one was set up under the "Gmail" option and works fine. The other was set up using the "Other" option and IMAP as I need to be able to use a different sender name for the second one. Until last week these were both...
  8. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I am new to using Microsoft Mail.

I am new to using Microsoft Mail.: How do I create sub folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-new-to-using-microsoft-mail/f8734286-740f-4384-a80e-9fd3617c7636
  10. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...