Windows 10: I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is...

Discus and support I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a HP elitebook g4, with Windows 11. I am unable to use my Windows hello biometric options. It says the options are not available and it couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nick Birtch, Dec 16, 2022.

1. I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is...

I use a HP elitebook g4, with Windows 11. I am unable to use my Windows hello biometric options. It says the options are not available and it couldn't find a Fingerprint scanner or a camera that is compatible with windows hello Fingerprint and Windows hello face respectively. Please kindly assist me. Thanks.

:)

Nick Birtch, Dec 16, 2022
  2. Matze Win User

Windows 10 v1703: Biometric AD authentication without "Hello"

We are using Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 at work running on HP EliteBook 840 G3.

I have connected a USB fingerprint reader (Suprema BioMini/SFU Slim S20) to my laptop and installed the drivers coming from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately Windows keeps telling me Windows Hello isn't available on this device, when looking into the sign-in options. It seems that some preconditions are not met. I have ensured that no GPOs are interfering here.

Interesstingly enough I can log on to the domain using an HP EliteBook x360 which seems to fully support Windows Hello.

Is there another way to use my fingerprint Reader (or another device) without using Windows Hello to log on to Active Directory?

[Edit]

In my original post I was talking about 'some unmet preconditions'. After some research I found out, that Windows Hello requires at least a Trusted Platform Module Version of 2.0 to work. My HP EliteBook 840 G3 is only featuring a TPM of version 1.2.

So back to my initial question. How can I use biometric authentication to logon to domain-joined devices without utilizing Windows Hello?

Matze, Dec 16, 2022
  3. Windows Hello

When I look up the specs of HP EliteBook 2560p on HP site, I don't find Fingerprint mention. Also your Device Manager doesn't list biometric.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 16, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is...

Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Source: Say "Hello" to Windows Hello on Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

Brink, Dec 16, 2022
Thema:

I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is...

1. I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is... - Similar Threads - elitebook Can't hello

2. Can't log in on HP elitebook, Windows 11: biometric and pin login fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in on HP elitebook, Windows 11: biometric and pin login fail: As of this morning I am no longer able to access my PC.The biometric login doesn't work. It's face recognition, and the led next to the camera doesn't light up as it usually does, suggesting it's not actually reading my face.I am also unable to access via PIN. In fact, when I...
  3. Can't log in on HP elitebook, Windows 11: biometric and pin login fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in on HP elitebook, Windows 11: biometric and pin login fail: As of this morning I am no longer able to access my PC.The biometric login doesn't work. It's face recognition, and the led next to the camera doesn't light up as it usually does, suggesting it's not actually reading my face.I am also unable to access via PIN. In fact, when I...
  4. No Biometrics! Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint both say the options are "unavailable"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Biometrics! Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint both say the options are "unavailable"!: I have lost my biometrics. Using Windows Hello, both face & fingerprint give error messages "options are not currently available" and "We couldn't find a camera/fingerprint reader compatible with Windows Hello"! My Device Manager also has no Biometric file! I've rebooted and...
  5. No Biometrics! Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint both say the options are "unavailable"!

No Biometrics! Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint both say the options are "unavailable"!: I have lost my biometrics. Using Windows Hello, both face & fingerprint give error messages "options are not currently available" and "We couldn't find a camera/fingerprint reader compatible with Windows Hello"! My Device Manager also has no Biometric file! I've rebooted and...
  6. No Biometrics! Windows Hello Face & Fingerprint both say the options are "unavailable"!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is...

I use HP elitebook Windows 11. Can't use Windows hello biometrics. It says the option is...: I use a HP elitebook g4, with Windows 11. I am unable to use my Windows hello biometric options. It says the options are not available and it couldn't find a Fingerprint scanner or a camera that is compatible with windows hello Fingerprint and Windows hello face respectively....
  8. I can't sign in using Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign in using Windows Hello: Whenever I try signing into my laptop, I don't get the option to sign in with my fingerprint scanner. In settings, all of the Windows Hello sign-in options say, "Something Went Wrong". I have already tried: Disabling and enabling the fingerprint scanner driverUninstalling the...
  9. Windows Hello biometric options shows This option is unavailable

Windows Hello biometric options shows This option is unavailable: I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad S540-15IML. This device comes with a fingerprint scanner. However when trying to setup the Windows Hello biometric options, I see the various options as grayed out with the message This option is unavailable. I have tried many options...
  10. Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

Can't use Windows Hello & Pin: I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all. Restarted...