Windows 10: I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar

Discus and support I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I updated from windows 10 to 11 and since I have had no functionality on my taskbar, I can't even right click on the bar to get any menus, don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shammi Choudhury, Dec 30, 2023.

1. I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar

Hi! I updated from windows 10 to 11 and since I have had no functionality on my taskbar, I can't even right click on the bar to get any menus, don't have the Wi-Fi symbol, time and date, search bar or any of that standard apps showing even though all of the functions are enabled in the settings... getting very frustratedWondering if someone can help I have tried the different methods of troubleshooting from the Microsoft community page and had no luck. Even reset the laptop twice and now I can't set a pin. No further updates are required either. I have also tried running new tasks, restarted

:)

Shammi Choudhury, Dec 30, 2023

2. Can't move taskbar on windows 11

Hi Mads,

I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

Moving the Taskbar is not supported, yet.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Move the Taskbar: Moving the Taskbar to any part of the screen and resizing it is not supported yet.

Microsoft is tracking collection of this in the Feedback, I suggest you to vote for the same in the Hub.

Something like ExplorerPatcher may help in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/restor...

ExplorerPatcher

ExplorerPatcher is a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled by putting the DLL file. Some of the functionalities the developer claims is restored are below:

Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.

Restore Windows+X context menu.

Show app list by default in Start menu.

Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more

How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/rele...

Hope that helps.

Content on the above blog is written by a Windows MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 30, 2023
  3. WINDOWS 11 - Doesn't show my calendar on TaskBar

Dear Community Member,

I understand that you've been facing an issue with the calendar not displaying when you click on the time in the taskbar on Windows 11. This can indeed be frustrating, especially if you rely on the calendar for your work. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. Restart the Windows Explorer process:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager" from the context menu.
      • In the "Processes" tab, locate "Windows Explorer" and right-click on it.
      • Choose "Restart" from the menu.
      • Wait for the taskbar and desktop to refresh, then check if the calendar now appears when you click on the time.
    2. Check the taskbar settings:
      • Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings."
      • In the settings window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section and click on "Turn system icons on or off."
      • Ensure that the "Calendar" option is set to "On."
      • If it was already enabled, toggle it off and on again, then check if the calendar appears.
    3. Update Windows 11:
      • Make sure you have the latest updates installed for Windows 11.
      • Go to "Settings" by pressing Win + I on your keyboard.
      • Click on "Windows Update" and select "Check for updates."
      • If updates are available, download and install them.
      • After the update process is complete, restart your computer and see if the calendar is now visible.
    4. Create a new user account:
      • Sometimes, issues can be specific to a user account. Creating a new account can help determine if the problem is account-related.
      • Go to "Settings" and click on "Accounts."
      • Select "Family & other users" from the left sidebar.
      • Under "Other users," click on "Add account."
      • Follow the prompts to create a new user account.
    I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the calendar display issue on your Windows 11 system. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

mariyanzish, Dec 30, 2023
  4. I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar

I want to ungroup items on my taskbar. Windows 11. Windows 10 allowed that.

Ungrouping Taskbar items, like many taskbar functionalities, is not available in Windows 11, yet.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

A 3rd party alternative called ExplorerPatcher may help you in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools - Your Windows Guide

ExplorerPatcher, a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by just adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, by putting the DLL file, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled. Some of the functionalities the developer claims the is restored:

• Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.
    • Restore Windows+X context menu.
    • Show app list by default in Start menu.
    • Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more
    How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Dec 30, 2023
Thema:

I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar

1. I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar - Similar Threads - updated functionality taskbar

2. Updated to windows 11 and now the taskbar is gone. I have tried to open settings multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to windows 11 and now the taskbar is gone. I have tried to open settings multiple...: Updated to windows 11 and now the taskbar is gone. I have tried to open settings multiple ways, but it will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-to-windows-11-and-now-the-taskbar-is-gone/77d38b27-7855-4d37-9f25-0dcadd5230db
  3. Updated to windows 11 and now the taskbar is gone. I have tried to open settings multiple...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and now the taskbar is gone. I have tried to open settings multiple...: Updated to windows 11 and now the taskbar is gone. I have tried to open settings multiple ways, but it will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-to-windows-11-and-now-the-taskbar-is-gone/77d38b27-7855-4d37-9f25-0dcadd5230db
  4. I installed windows 11 update, but now my Windows key is not working and the taskbar is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 11 update, but now my Windows key is not working and the taskbar is...: I installed windows 11 update, but now my Windows key is not working and the taskbar is also hidden. I don't know how to access windows home. Please help. Thank you!...
  5. I installed windows 11 update, but now my Windows key is not working and the taskbar is...

I installed windows 11 update, but now my Windows key is not working and the taskbar is...: I installed windows 11 update, but now my Windows key is not working and the taskbar is also hidden. I don't know how to access windows home. Please help. Thank you!...
  6. I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to windows 11 and now have no functionality on my taskbar: Hi! I updated from windows 10 to 11 and since I have had no functionality on my taskbar, I can't even right click on the bar to get any menus, don't have the Wi-Fi symbol, time and date, search bar or any of that standard apps showing even though all of the functions are...
  7. Taskbar Overflow Functionality in Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Overflow Functionality in Windows 11 22H2: I read and saw many videos from Developer previews of the Taskbar Overflow functionality, which comes into effect when you have more apps running than for which their icons can appear on the Taskbar.I have upgraded to 22H2 and am at Build 22621.521 but I am still not seeing...
  8. I updated to windows 11 and now there is no taskbar or settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to windows 11 and now there is no taskbar or settings: my taskbar is displaying no icons or widows menu.... when I try to open any settings I get a lot of different errors depending on what I try https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-to-windows-11-and-now-there-is-no/d7a56f2a-8dba-4781-bc58-1e92d476b92d
  9. I updated to windows 11 and now there is no taskbar or settings

I updated to windows 11 and now there is no taskbar or settings: my taskbar is displaying no icons or widows menu.... when I try to open any settings I get a lot of different errors depending on what I try https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-to-windows-11-and-now-there-is-no/d7a56f2a-8dba-4781-bc58-1e92d476b92d
  10. windows updated and now I have no clock on taskbar

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updated and now I have no clock on taskbar: Windows updated on my laptop over the weekend and I lost the clock on the taskbar. Then it came back. Now it's gone again. It's not in the hidden icons. The laptop can also be very slow to boot up now as well. And Chrome browser might not work for ten minutes or so, but...