Windows 10: I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of...

Discus and support I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgrade the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate, the computer is a DELL Latitude 3500 Notebook. It comes with Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FernandoCigolotti, Oct 21, 2024 at 8:42 PM.

1. I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of...

I upgrade the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate, the computer is a DELL Latitude 3500 Notebook. It comes with Windows 10. I can give the serial number. Thanks. Fernando Cigolotti

:)

FernandoCigolotti, Oct 21, 2024 at 8:42 PM
  2. caffeine Win User

unusually large list of firmware updates

See Dell Inspiron 17 specs if more info is needed to reply.
    OS version: 10.0.19041, Build: 19041

My latest Window updates included an unusually large list of optional updates for firmware this weekend. I have always been of the opinion that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" when it comes to firmware and BIOS up dates.

This poses two questions:
    1) Is my opinion about firmware and Bios updates flawed?
    2) Why should I suddenly see such a large list if optional firmware updates available?

See attached screenshots of optional updates below.

I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of... 298453d1600688620t-unusually-large-list-firmware-updates-1.png

I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of... 298454d1600688637t-unusually-large-list-firmware-updates-2.png

Thanks in advance for your replies.

3. PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

4. I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of...

Activation issue after updating BIOS

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with activation on your PC after updating BIOS, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Did Windows 10 came pre-installed on your PC?
    2. What is the error message that you receive while activating Windows?

Since you have already tried using the Activation troubleshooter I would suggest you to try activating the copy of Windows using Phone Activation.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type SLUI 04 and hit
      Enter.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

In addition, you can also check if the Software Protection Service is running. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click on
      OK.
    2. Now, look for Software Protection service, right click on it and select
      Restart.

However, it would be great if you can get in touch with our Technical Support team using the
    Chat or
    Call channel for further assistance with the issue as they can
    assist you better with the query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 21, 2024 at 8:45 PM
Thema:

I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of...

1. I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of... - Similar Threads - update BIOS firmware

2. I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I update the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate the copy of...: I upgrade the BIOS firmware, and then the windows sais that need to activate, the computer is a DELL Latitude 3500 Notebook. It comes with Windows 10. I can give the serial number. Thanks. Fernando Cigolotti...
  3. Firmware update and Bios Corruption detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firmware update and Bios Corruption detected: Dear Microsoft Team,Good EveningMy PC continuously retrieving updated firmware. And after some flash progress it shown that bios updated successfully and rebooting your system. But after reboot it shown that Bios corruption has been detected and Auto recovery triggered. It's...
  4. Firmware/BIOS update Queary through Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware/BIOS update Queary through Intune: Hi ,Is there any information on when Microsoft will update their catalogues to sync with Intune for updating BIOS/firmware on Intune devices for vendors like Dell, HP, and MS Surface? I would appreciate some guidance on this for device deployment purposes.Thank you!Anuj...
  5. Firmware/BIOS update Queary through Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware/BIOS update Queary through Intune: Hi ,Is there any information on when Microsoft will update their catalogues to sync with Intune for updating BIOS/firmware on Intune devices for vendors like Dell, HP, and MS Surface? I would appreciate some guidance on this for device deployment purposes.Thank you!Anuj...
  6. need to activate windows after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to activate windows after bios update: updated my bios now it says i need to activate windows which i did online 5 days ago and cant seem to find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-activate-windows-after-bios-update/eaf7af33-9cd5-4239-af2f-854bcc8005c3
  7. need to activate windows after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to activate windows after bios update: updated my bios now it says i need to activate windows which i did online 5 days ago and cant seem to find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-activate-windows-after-bios-update/eaf7af33-9cd5-4239-af2f-854bcc8005c3
  8. Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption: Good afternoon, my DELL XPS 13 did an automatic firmware BIOS update and now is prompting me for a bitlocker key which I never set up. My device shows up in my Microsoft account when I check on my phone but there is no associated bitlocker key when I click manage keys. Nor on...
  9. Receiving "0xC0EA000A" Activation Error after updating BIOS Firmware..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Receiving "0xC0EA000A" Activation Error after updating BIOS Firmware..: Hi, I set up a new PC and used a digital OEM licence for Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit . I activated windows without a problem. Next day , I updated my BIOS firmware for the latest version. Now "Activate Windows" sign appeared and I can not activate my Windows and having Error Code...
  10. BIOS firmware / security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS firmware / security: How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-firmware-security/a5ab6872-7d40-4837-ab57-f9b3df346f7f