Windows 10: I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes...

Discus and support I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I removed the Hyper V installations and related VM's and used the VB VM software and the same thing happens. Clearly, it is not the network adapter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lester Carib, Jul 19, 2024.

1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes...

I removed the Hyper V installations and related VM's and used the VB VM software and the same thing happens. Clearly, it is not the network adapter. There were no issues BEFORE I installed the VM software. Next, I'll try software directly from Virtual Box as Microsoft's seem tainted with bugs. I don't have any pesticide to fix their issues. Do you?

:)

Lester Carib, Jul 19, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 19, 2024
  3. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

I have a surface pro 2 that claims the network adapter has an up to date driver, but I still cannot connect to the internet. It claims that the WiFi driver is enabled, but cannot detect any networks. Hard line still works. I have tried:

• Restarting to install the driver (it uninstalled just fine!)
    • installing a driver pack from the support pack
    • running sfc scans and even a chkdsk, along with windows updates
    • enabling the card manually
    The computer is claiming that everything is normal. Has anyone experienced this before and seen a solution? Thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Caden Stein, Jul 19, 2024
  4. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes...

Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine):
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    But to my nasty surprise, I was responded with:
    The hosted network couldn’t be started.
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
    Now I've looked everywhere online for a solution to my problem here. The underlying issue appears to be that my Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager (when showing hidden drivers). This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter (Will list spec at end). Here are the following things I have tried:

1. Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there.
    2. Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh drivers
    3. Scanned for Hardware changed in DM
    4. Tried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - 09/2015
    5. Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - 23/08/2016
    6. Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver, downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated version
    7. Looked for older editions of the adapter, but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter, or weren't compatible with my machine.
    8. Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adapters
    9. Uninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled.
    What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package. Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it.
    I think that's pretty much everything. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Machine Model: Lenovo 100-15IBD
    WLAN Network Driver: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version 2023.37.0616.2016

SemiTechLife, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes...

1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes... - Similar Threads - uninstalled reinstalled network

2. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter drivers and still Windows 11 Pro crashes...: I removed the Hyper V installations and related VM's and used the VB VM software and the same thing happens. Clearly, it is not the network adapter. There were no issues BEFORE I installed the VM software. Next, I'll try software directly from Virtual Box as Microsoft's seem...
  3. after reinstalling windows 10 pro icant find network adapter driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after reinstalling windows 10 pro icant find network adapter driver: recently i reinstalled windows 10 in my pc for some issues but i dont have any network adapter driver i have a lan card but its driver gone even then i got it but without lan card i can't connect to internet because it doesn't have driver please help i checked motherboard...
  4. I uninstalled a network driver and it reinstalled but it isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled a network driver and it reinstalled but it isnt working: My computer would connect to wifi, but would not let me join game servers. I tried for hours to fix it and nothing worked. The latest thing i saw someone on this website say to do was to uninstall the network driver and restart the pc. Now my pc wont even give me the option...
  5. I uninstalled a network driver and it reinstalled but it isnt working

I uninstalled a network driver and it reinstalled but it isnt working: My computer would connect to wifi, but would not let me join game servers. I tried for hours to fix it and nothing worked. The latest thing i saw someone on this website say to do was to uninstall the network driver and restart the pc. Now my pc wont even give me the option...
  6. I uninstalled a network driver and it reinstalled but it isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.: I have a surface pro 2 that claims the network adapter has an up to date driver, but I still cannot connect to the internet. It claims that the WiFi driver is enabled, but cannot detect any networks. Hard line still works. I have tried:Restarting to install the driver it...
  8. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.: I have a surface pro 2 that claims the network adapter has an up to date driver, but I still cannot connect to the internet. It claims that the WiFi driver is enabled, but cannot detect any networks. Hard line still works. I have tried:Restarting to install the driver it...
  9. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters: Problem: Short: No connection to internet. Expanded: Purchased a refurbished Surface Laptop running on Windows 10. Arrived and started up on the 16th. Installed SIMS, game files, and transferred some photos and videos. Running fine until the 18th, when it would not connect...