Windows 10: I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

Discus and support I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by symi j, Oct 6, 2023.

1. symi j Win User

I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a laptop and it worked. the monitor turns off fast so I cannot see if the HDR settings are still on or not.

:)

symi j, Oct 6, 2023

2. HDR cant be turned on with dual monitors. help please

I Recently bought a HDR capable monitor (electriQ 28" 4K UHD EIQ-284KMB-HDR). I had some difficulty with hdr, but in the end, downloaded VP9 Video Extension to get HDR to work. Since then, when i have HDR enabled on my monitor, my settings are forced to "show only on 1" where 1 is my new 4k monitor. when looking art display settings, my second monitor is tiny, like 1/4th the size of the 1. If i try to change to "extend these displays", either HDR gets turned off, or the 2nd monitor just doesnt turn on. When HDR is turned off and both monitors are on, i cant turn HDR on as it makes the screens flicker then turn back on with HDR still off and games and apps showing no support for HDR.

I have all my drivers up to date both through a 3rd party app and windows update. This is on windows 11

GPU: Rx 550

CPU: i7 9700k

mobo: z390 Gaming Plus

Ram: 3700 MHZ ddr4

I hope this is enough information to help me. I have searched all ovet the internet and it just the stupid things such as restart pc, update drivers, make sure im clicking the right thing etc.

KamilLeocadie Olsen, Oct 6, 2023
  3. Monitor not active after turning on HDR

I recently picked up another monitor, and after turning on HDR on my laptop it went blank and says it's not active. I don't have a way to turn off HDR anywhere (I've looked at tutorials and I don't have the button). How can I activate my external monitor?

Thanks in advance

pedrazafco, Oct 6, 2023
  4. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

Thanks again for trying to help me. See the thing is the monitor is HDR capable. The monitor was 100% working before HDR mode was turned on through Windows. Windows 10 offered me the option to turn HDR mode on for this monitor. I have 3 monitors (the laptop screen, another monitor connected through a USB to HDMI connector, and this monitor connect right to the laptop by hdmi).Then I turned on HDR mode for the monitor connected directly to the HDMI port and that caused the issue. Why would Windows give me the option to turn on HDR mode if the monitor wasn't compatible. It doesn't offer it for the other monitor I have that isn't compatible.

The real problem here is that I should be able to turn off HDR mode and Windows is not allowing that, as you can see in the one picture. There is no option to turn it back off.

Any other options?

Dbldigit10, Oct 6, 2023
Thema:

I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

1. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on. - Similar Threads - turned HDR settings

2. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  3. Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my streaming hdr video setting keep on turning off?: I have an iMac 2017 model running bootcamp and I use display port 1.2 to connect to my ASUS tuf monitor. I'm not quite so sure as to why this particular setting keeps on turning off. I make sure to disconnect my iMac display so it wont interfere with the hdr process. I have...
  4. i can't turn off HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't turn off HDR: Hello,for some reason i can't turn off hdr i have the button but when i press it it won't turn offmy monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G5 and my gpu is a 6900xt i do know that the samsung Odyssy g5 is a hdr10 monitor...
  5. i can't turn off HDR

i can't turn off HDR: Hello,for some reason i can't turn off hdr i have the button but when i press it it won't turn offmy monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G5 and my gpu is a 6900xt i do know that the samsung Odyssy g5 is a hdr10 monitor...
  6. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.: I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a laptop and it worked. the monitor turns off fast so I cannot see if the HDR settings are still on or not....
  7. Turning HDR off causes my pc to restart and keeps HDR on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning HDR off causes my pc to restart and keeps HDR on.: I've been having this issue for the past couple of days. I noticed my screen had a yellow tinge to it. I know for a fact I never changed it to that. Nobody else goes on my computer let alone know how to change the settings. My monitor that is being used is the Acer Predator...
  8. Turned HDR on and now I get no signal on monitor and I can't see anything to turn HDR off....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned HDR on and now I get no signal on monitor and I can't see anything to turn HDR off....: I have an Acer 1080p 144hz monitor that's connected to my PC with an HDMI cable and in Windows 10 display settings I enabled HDR and my monitor just went black and then said No Signal. I manually restarted my PC and still No Signal, presumably because HDR is still on. I can...
  9. My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off: Hello, Every time I turn off my monitor -- either when I'm leaving for somewhere or I'm heading to bed -- my monitor turns on. After trying multiple things, I've figured out that my keyboard is turning my monitor on, even when I don't touch it! I've tried multiple...
  10. Hdr turns off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hdr turns off: I am on a Gaming Pc to be Exact its my tower hooked to a 4k UHD TV but when I turn HDR on and try to play a game for example, Minecraft it turns itself off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-turns-off/8503274d-b9ff-4f6c-9b16-853a419b6c5b