Windows 10: i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

Discus and support i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so whats wrong ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ebram Shereen Alfy, Aug 1, 2023.

1. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

so whats wrong ??

:)

Ebram Shereen Alfy, Aug 1, 2023
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Aug 1, 2023
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Aug 1, 2023
  4. -xKevin- Win User

i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

1. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message. - Similar Threads - try extend volume

2. I can't extend my C: drive with free space in D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't extend my C: drive with free space in D:: I want to extend my C: drive by giving some of the free space of my D: drive to it in Disk Management. However, there is a partition in between....
  3. I can't extend my C: drive with free space in D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't extend my C: drive with free space in D:: I want to extend my C: drive by giving some of the free space of my D: drive to it in Disk Management. However, there is a partition in between....
  4. when i shrink volume the free space create but not unallocated space so i cant be extend my...

when i shrink volume the free space create but not unallocated space so i cant be extend my...: when the free space shows so extended function in c drive not shows please help me. here i attached a image look at it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-shrink-volume-the-free-space-create-but-not/5e5658dd-3320-446c-9521-e67e5b85881c
  5. when i shrink volume the free space create but not unallocated space so i cant be extend my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i shrink volume the free space create but not unallocated space so i cant be extend my...: when the free space shows so extended function in c drive not shows please help me. here i attached a image look at it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-shrink-volume-the-free-space-create-but-not/5e5658dd-3320-446c-9521-e67e5b85881c
  6. How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?: I reinstalled windows 10 via a usb driver and the disks ended up completely messed up after the reinstallation: disk C with only 14 GB which is obviously not enough for everything that's located there program files, downoalds etc. Before the reinstall disk C had space of 450...
  7. How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?: I reinstalled windows 10 via a usb driver and the disks ended up completely messed up after the reinstallation: disk C with only 14 GB which is obviously not enough for everything that's located there program files, downoalds etc. Before the reinstall disk C had space of 450...
  8. How can I extend volume on C drive if the free space is not right next to the drive?

9. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.: so whats wrong ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-extend-volume-c-to-the-free-space-in-my/23d14e20-c400-4714-b8ba-9338fff89fb4
  10. i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i try to extend volume c to the free space in my SSD but I get this message.: so whats wrong ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-extend-volume-c-to-the-free-space-in-my/23d14e20-c400-4714-b8ba-9338fff89fb4