Windows 10: I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

Discus and support I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I read many guides from answers.microsoft site and I'm learning a great deal but I'm stuck at the point where other people find results... when I type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Miguel2032, Dec 25, 2022.

1. I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

I read many guides from answers.microsoft site and I'm learning a great deal but I'm stuck at the point where other people find results... when I type bcdedit to check device and paths I get the error "the boot configuration data store could not be opened" and then following that line it says "the requested system device cannot be identified due to multiple indistinguishable devices potentially matching the identification criteria"what I get in this is that I'm booting 2 exact copies of windows from 2 different drives or something similar to that.the original EMMC or whatever is called is sold

:)

Miguel2032, Dec 25, 2022
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 25, 2022
  3. SIW2 Win User
    Installing Windows on old eMMC chip

If you extract those lenovo drivers shown in the video it says Cardreader

I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a... [​IMG]

and inside that folder :

I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a... [​IMG]

crdrdr.sys bayhubtech cardreader driver. It supports sd/emmc.

There is no gurantee that his Asus model works the same way, but it is worth trying the cardreader drivers that Asus has.

If he is feeling adventurous he could even try the lenovo ones as well. Never know till you try.

4. Agility Win User

I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 25, 2022
Thema:

I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

1. I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a... - Similar Threads - tried emmc chip

2. I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...: I read many guides from answers.microsoft site and I'm learning a great deal but I'm stuck at the point where other people find results... when I type bcdedit to check device and paths I get the error "the boot configuration data store could not be opened" and then following...
  3. I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried DD the windows emmc chip content from a netbook to a usb drive so I can boot from a...: I read many guides from answers.microsoft site and I'm learning a great deal but I'm stuck at the point where other people find results... when I type bcdedit to check device and paths I get the error "the boot configuration data store could not be opened" and then following...
  4. transfer windows 10 from C drive to SSD so I can boot up from SSD

transfer windows 10 from C drive to SSD so I can boot up from SSD: thinking of getting a 240GB SSD for booting but after searching around on the internet most methods seem a bit too complex for me and also involve deleting everything from my C drive which is completely out of the question. is there a simple way to transfer or even download...
  5. Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?

Can I reinstall windows 10 from USB drives?: How much hard drive space do I need to use ideally for a good games storage from the Microsoft store? Installing a new one and its got 2 terabytes this pc. But dunno whether its gonna fit cause of all the red wire cabling that I been told not to remove by someone we unplugged...
  6. How can i boot from a usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i boot from a usb?: One day my computer stopped working, it would send me to the screen which offers to restart or advanced options. I tried recovery and resetting the drives on the computer. Since there wasn’t anything I couldn’t recover from the pc I decided i would boot from a usb using the...
  7. I’m trying to boot from my usb drive so I can run a memtest. Can anyone help me figure out...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to boot from my usb drive so I can run a memtest. Can anyone help me figure out...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/icejjfish21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuyp9w/im_trying_to_boot_from_my_usb_drive_so_i_can_run/
  8. Can I boot a windows computer from a Windows startup drive on USB?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I boot a windows computer from a Windows startup drive on USB?: I wonder if there's a way to boot a Windows computer (like you can do with Macs) from an external drive with a bootable Windows, connected through USB or any other connector (for testing purposes). Thanks in advance for any help 141266
  9. Booting from USB Drive

Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...
  10. So I tried to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    So I tried to boot from USB: I saw a tutorial to boot from USB, and installed the code on the USB. The issue is with the next step. I changed the UEFI settings and turned off secure boot, turned on boot from legacy ROM, and then turned on legacy boot mode. I got into a Linux console saying that I was...