Windows 10: I think I have too many users.

Discus and support I think I have too many users. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RogerBlair1, Aug 25, 2023.

1. I think I have too many users.

I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This leaves me with several questions:Why are so many new users being generated, and why isn't "croge" being used?Is this a serious problem?How can I stop the generation of these unnecessary users?Can I delete the extra users?I'm not familiar enough with the "guts" of Windows 10 to know where to look. Am I worried over not

:)

RogerBlair1, Aug 25, 2023
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 25, 2023
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think I have too many users. 37693d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-1.png
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• I think I have too many users. 37694d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-2.png
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    • I think I have too many users. 37695d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-3.png
    4. Click OK.
    • I think I have too many users. 37696d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-4.png
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. deving Win User

I think I have too many users.

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 25, 2023
Thema:

I think I have too many users.

1. I think I have too many users. - Similar Threads - too many users

2. I think I have too many users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I have too many users.: I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This...
  3. I think I have too many users.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I have too many users.: I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This...
  4. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  5. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  6. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  7. too many user accounts

too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  8. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I have too many keyboards. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have too many keyboards. Help!: As you can see there are tons of Unknown Locale keyboards and so on.It makes switching to the keyboards I want into a huge pain.I believe this started happening when there was a bug that made it hard to select my region, so several regions were selected one after the other in...
  10. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...