Windows 10: I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager?

Discus and support I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I have found out my laptop has a virus, its a wibdows 7 laptop acer aspire. The virus wont let me open almost any file. For example i cant open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RamonAsta, Jan 17, 2023.

1. RamonAsta Win User

I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager?

Hello. I have found out my laptop has a virus, its a wibdows 7 laptop acer aspire. The virus wont let me open almost any file. For example i cant open a folder with my stuff in it but i will let me open McAffe. And when i scan for viruses it says the laptop is safe. But it isnt although it can be that some proccess was deleted in task manager but its very unlikely.The virus wont let me connect to any wifi and the sound is turned off. Also the task bar turned white and looks like an old version. It could be that the taskbar was like that before but i dont remmember. Thanks for all the help.

:)

RamonAsta, Jan 17, 2023

2. oops virus

Okay we've had our fun, time to be helpful. Please post a screenshot of ctrl-alt-delete (aka task manager) with all the running tasks listed. From there, we can isolate what your virus is. And other then that, yes, download Avast, run the boot time scan, and press "delete all" when it finds the culprit *Smile I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager? :).

zekrahminator, Jan 17, 2023
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jan 17, 2023
  4. I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager?

Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager?

1. I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager? - Similar Threads - virus maybe proccess

2. I think I have a backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I have a backdoor virus: I decided to run a quick scan and windows defender told me I had a virus. But when I tried to quarantine and remove it many times it never went away and came back the next quick scan. How can I get rid of this virus?...
  3. I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i have a virus, or maybe some proccess was deleted in task manager?: Hello. I have found out my laptop has a virus, its a wibdows 7 laptop acer aspire. The virus wont let me open almost any file. For example i cant open a folder with my stuff in it but i will let me open McAffe. And when i scan for viruses it says the laptop is safe. But it...
  4. I think i might have a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think i might have a virus: Today i was on my computer when I realised that the 500gb I had yesterday was gone, I have not installed anything that was 500gb. Does anyone know hoe to fix my storage problem and how I could avoid similar things? I have ran a virus scan with a free version with Avast one...
  5. I think I Have a virus..

I think I Have a virus..: Okay, so it all started a little while ago.. about two weeks to three weeks ago, on my Lenovo Laptop, My YouTube started crashing ALOT for no reason, just randomly would say there was an error in the system, this had never happened to me before. It just recently started, It's...
  6. I have got a Trojan virus but I think I deleted It

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have got a Trojan virus but I think I deleted It: So I accidently got a Trojan Virus, but I used my 14 day premium trial with malwarebytes to delete It. I am having trouble with my computer after It was deleted, Im lagging on games I have never really lagged on ever. The chrome always has trouble, and my taskbar keeps...
  7. I think I have a virus.

I think I have a virus.: Recently I opened up chrome and for some reason I found that the mazy extension was added without my permission. I went to delete it but found it was "blocked by administrator". This is my computer and I am the only user. Is this a virus and if so how do I fix it. I am very...
  8. I think i have a virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think i have a virus: Starting from a couple of days ago and more evidently the past week. My laptop has been acting extremely slowly. For a while, I just looked past it and just assumed it was because of the number of Softwares I had open but it has been extremely laggy of late and the other day,...
  9. i think i have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i think i have a virus: so in the task bar when i open some apps there is a blank space its an icon i can move it but when i right click it it says shut town and or pin to task bar my question is how do i get rid of it has this happened to anyone else can someone help me submitted by /u/J_Mitev69...
  10. I think I have a virus!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think I have a virus!!!: I installed hacks for gta and my anti virus did not pick up anything but when looking in virus total i think it is mad if you look at its activity it made dll files and set some keys here is where you see its activity :...