Windows 10: I think I broke my PC...

Discus and support I think I broke my PC... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was looking for a way to change my User filename and followed the steps in this article to do so:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyrone Kelly, Aug 28, 2022.

1. I think I broke my PC...

I was looking for a way to change my User filename and followed the steps in this article to do so: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-change-user-profile-folder-name/I'm now in a situation where I can't sign in with my MS account the one my PC defaults to is a local account and none of my files are present.I'm in a huge panic, so any assistance would be hugely appreciated.Many thanks.

:)

Tyrone Kelly, Aug 28, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 28, 2022
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I think I broke my PC... [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. I think I broke my PC...

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

I think I broke my PC...

1. I think I broke my PC... - Similar Threads - broke

2. Latest windows update broke my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows update broke my computer.: I updated my computer roughly a week ago, everything was fine but out of nowhere my computer started making my monitors blink, and then it would give me a BSOD reboot and throw me into a cycle of going into an “easy/advance” bios settings? menu. And normally it would do that...
  3. Latest windows update broke my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows update broke my computer.: I updated my computer roughly a week ago, everything was fine but out of nowhere my computer started making my monitors blink, and then it would give me a BSOD reboot and throw me into a cycle of going into an “easy/advance” bios settings? menu. And normally it would do that...
  4. Update broke external Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update broke external Internet: So everything in my house except for the Intel nuc i7 skull canyon which has internal network but no external network. Happened ever since it updated I think....
  5. Update broke external Internet

Update broke external Internet: So everything in my house except for the Intel nuc i7 skull canyon which has internal network but no external network. Happened ever since it updated I think....
  6. Update broke external Internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 update broke my Lenovo keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update broke my Lenovo keyboard: Keyboard not working after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-broke-my-lenovo-keyboard/0e613517-2f66-4b52-bd6c-8ecc2dd2c785
  8. Windows 11 update broke my Lenovo keyboard

Windows 11 update broke my Lenovo keyboard: Keyboard not working after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-broke-my-lenovo-keyboard/0e613517-2f66-4b52-bd6c-8ecc2dd2c785
  9. Latest 08/2024 Cumulate Update Win11 23H2 broke dual-boot 2 ssds, both with separate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest 08/2024 Cumulate Update Win11 23H2 broke dual-boot 2 ssds, both with separate...: As per the title, I had a working configuration that brought up the windows boot manager and allowed me to select between the two installations. One is bitlocker disabled, the other enabled.After the latest cumulative update KB5041585 on the device with bitlocker disabled, I...
  10. Latest 08/2024 Cumulate Update Win11 23H2 broke dual-boot 2 ssds, both with separate...

Latest 08/2024 Cumulate Update Win11 23H2 broke dual-boot 2 ssds, both with separate...: As per the title, I had a working configuration that brought up the windows boot manager and allowed me to select between the two installations. One is bitlocker disabled, the other enabled.After the latest cumulative update KB5041585 on the device with bitlocker disabled, I...