Windows 10: I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I...

Discus and support I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've added an account to my Authenticator app on my phone and later removed it to add that account to my work phone. Now every time I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thom.., Sep 26, 2024 at 2:53 AM.

1. Thom.. Win User

I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I...

I've added an account to my Authenticator app on my phone and later removed it to add that account to my work phone. Now every time I try to authenticate something I still get the notification in my app. When I click on that notification it says: "Error finding an account to complete multi-factor authentication. You may need to add the account again."How do I fix this?PS: I can't find the correct topic, sorry about that..

:)

2. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Sep 26, 2024 at 2:55 AM
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

Source: Microsoft Authenticator app—now sends security notifications - Microsoft Tech Community - 328281

4. Brink Win User

I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I...

Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

Source: Microsoft Authenticator app—now sends security notifications - Microsoft Tech Community - 328281

Thema:

1. I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I... - Similar Threads - still notifications removing

2. I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I still get notifications after removing an account from Microsoft Authenticator, how do I...: I've added an account to my Authenticator app on my phone and later removed it to add that account to my work phone. Now every time I try to authenticate something I still get the notification in my app. When I click on that notification it says: "Error finding an account to...
  3. How to remove authentication in a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove authentication in a Microsoft account: Hello! I have a problem with authentication in my Microsoft account. When changing any parameters on my account, they require a code from an SMS for my phone, but the SMS does not arrive. My number is registered in Kazakhstan +77** and worked properly six months ago. But now...
  4. How to remove authentication in a Microsoft account

How to remove authentication in a Microsoft account: Hello! I have a problem with authentication in my Microsoft account. When changing any parameters on my account, they require a code from an SMS for my phone, but the SMS does not arrive. My number is registered in Kazakhstan +77** and worked properly six months ago. But now...
  5. How to remove authentication in a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?: Certain of these former client companies no longer legally exist... I wish to simply delete them. Other gave me incorrect instructions and MS Authenticator is not compatible with their SAAS platforms. I've tried tapping on the tiles multiple times, nothing happens. I cannot...
  7. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?: Certain of these former client companies no longer legally exist... I wish to simply delete them. Other gave me incorrect instructions and MS Authenticator is not compatible with their SAAS platforms. I've tried tapping on the tiles multiple times, nothing happens. I cannot...
  8. How do I remove accounts from Authenticator that are "grayed out"?

9. How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?: I primarily use Microsoft Authenticator to complete sign in requests for my Microsoft Account. Microsoft Authenticator was installed on my phone. For some reason that phone reset itself yesterday. So, I am having to set it back up. When I first tried to log back into...
  10. How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?

How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?: I primarily use Microsoft Authenticator to complete sign in requests for my Microsoft Account. Microsoft Authenticator was installed on my phone. For some reason that phone reset itself yesterday. So, I am having to set it back up. When I first tried to log back into...