Windows 10: I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in...

Discus and support I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can see that in some areas the touchability was changed - ex: if i click one icon, left side icon click was happening. This issue is gone once i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DevArchitect, Sep 5, 2024.

1. I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in...

I can see that in some areas the touchability was changed - ex: if i click one icon, left side icon click was happening. This issue is gone once i restarted. But, still the box still appears. How can I troubleshoot this? Is this a hardware or software issue? Is there a fix avaialble?System specs are as below:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz8.00 GB 7.83 GB usableWindows 11 Home

:)

DevArchitect, Sep 5, 2024

2. 2 retangular boxes

I have 2 retangular boxes in the middle of my desktop that i cant get rid of, i wiped out my pc 2x just to make sure but the 2 boxes showed up again, i have googled this problem for the last 6-8 hours with 0 relief. I even had a friend of mine remote in
    and saw nothing but a full screen i'm desperate please help.

Brian G Porter, Sep 5, 2024
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Sep 5, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in...

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in... :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 5, 2024
Thema:

I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in...

1. I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in... - Similar Threads - started Surface laptop

2. I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I started my Surface laptop today and I can see a pale retangular vertical box coming in...: I can see that in some areas the touchability was changed - ex: if i click one icon, left side icon click was happening. This issue is gone once i restarted. But, still the box still appears. How can I troubleshoot this? Is this a hardware or software issue? Is there a fix...
  3. My laptop screen started flickering today and i have tried all the solutions i can find but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen started flickering today and i have tried all the solutions i can find but...: It first started while watching a video but it has spread to every tab/ screen I use basically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-started-flickering-today-and-i/ad5e6c4e-042d-45e3-8e88-beba7e09d544
  4. My laptop screen started flickering today and i have tried all the solutions i can find but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen started flickering today and i have tried all the solutions i can find but...: It first started while watching a video but it has spread to every tab/ screen I use basically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-started-flickering-today-and-i/ad5e6c4e-042d-45e3-8e88-beba7e09d544
  5. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others: i cannot see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-see-my-own-wifi-in-my-laptop/a9072566-85a7-4611-9f5b-88aad288454d
  6. What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked: I let my use the laptop and got it back, something is not right. I just feel like someone is here with me. I don't know for sure but I found a profile Photo that creeped me out It was to small to make it clear it was distorted. Is there any way I could check to see if someone...
  7. What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked: I let my use the laptop and got it back, something is not right. I just feel like someone is here with me. I don't know for sure but I found a profile Photo that creeped me out It was to small to make it clear it was distorted. Is there any way I could check to see if someone...
  8. how do I get my calendar to come on each time I start my desktop so I can see what is my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get my calendar to come on each time I start my desktop so I can see what is my...: need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-calendar-to-come-on-each-time-i/eb7acf69-df74-4a90-9856-62a35483d5d4
  9. Surface Pro 6 and Surface Laptop 2 available today

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 6 and Surface Laptop 2 available today: [ATTACH] Today, we’re excited to launch the all new Surface Pro 6 and Surface Laptop 2 in markets around the world. We’ve seen great momentum already for these products and I can’t wait for our fans to experience them. When we started on this journey with Surface, we gave...
  10. 2 retangular boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 retangular boxes: I have 2 retangular boxes in the middle of my desktop that i cant get rid of, i wiped out my pc 2x just to make sure but the 2 boxes showed up again, i have googled this problem for the last 6-8 hours with 0 relief. I even had a friend of mine remote in and saw nothing but a...