Windows 10: I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...

Discus and support I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft account says this machine doesn’t have a bitlocker recovery key... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christopher Casteix, Jul 25, 2024.

1. I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...

I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft account says this machine doesn’t have a bitlocker recovery key

:)

Christopher Casteix, Jul 25, 2024

2. Bitlocker recovery

I got my Lenovo Thinkpad repaired and when Lenovo sent it back it had this Bitlocker encryption on it which was not there before, so I'm completely locked out of my computer. There's no recovery key associated with any microsoft account I use. Lenovo Technical Support were completely useless and basically said if I can't find the key then I should go to Microsoft about it. Any suggestions?

Max Metcalf, Jul 25, 2024
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 25, 2024
  4. I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...

Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Hi,

On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no bitlocker key listed. I am at a loss on what the next steps might be for me to be able to log into my computer at this point.

Carl

CarlDAnderson, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...

1. I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft... - Similar Threads - sent machine repair

2. I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...: I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft account says this machine doesn’t have a bitlocker recovery key...
  3. I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft...: I sent in my machine for repair to Lenovo and they installed a bitlocker. My Microsoft account says this machine doesn’t have a bitlocker recovery key...
  4. My games and applications continue to BSoD my pc after I had sent it in for repairs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games and applications continue to BSoD my pc after I had sent it in for repairs.: im not sure why this continues to happen, yesterday I ran sfc /scannow to check and fix the issue and it stated Windows found files and fixed them. After more frequent crashes all under different codes, I ran the command again. Now it tells me that windows was unable to...
  5. My games and applications continue to BSoD my pc after I had sent it in for repairs.

My games and applications continue to BSoD my pc after I had sent it in for repairs.: im not sure why this continues to happen, yesterday I ran sfc /scannow to check and fix the issue and it stated Windows found files and fixed them. After more frequent crashes all under different codes, I ran the command again. Now it tells me that windows was unable to...
  6. my lenovo ideapad is in a automatic repair loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lenovo ideapad is in a automatic repair loop.: My lenovo ideapad experienced a failure on the network ac 9560 adapter. i tried the automatic repair and it went into an automatic repair loop. I uninstalled the feature update for windows that was installed just before the network card stopped working. After that uninstall,...
  7. my lenovo ideapad is in a automatic repair loop.

my lenovo ideapad is in a automatic repair loop.: My lenovo ideapad experienced a failure on the network ac 9560 adapter. i tried the automatic repair and it went into an automatic repair loop. I uninstalled the feature update for windows that was installed just before the network card stopped working. After that uninstall,...
  8. My history for the questions sent to Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My history for the questions sent to Microsoft Community: Could someone please tell me how to see the history of my questions that I contacted the Microsoft Community? I know I access that somehow by clicking the avatar in the upper right hand corner of this file, But I can't get any further than that by myself. For anyone who might...
  9. My history for the questions sent to Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Customization
    My history for the questions sent to Microsoft Community: Could someone please tell me how to see the history of my questions that I contacted the Microsoft Community? I know I access that somehow by clicking the avatar in the upper right hand corner of this file, But I can't get any further than that by myself. For anyone who might...
  10. So many problems with my Lenovo machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems with my Lenovo machine.: Their customer support is literally terrible. Also, I am now out of warranty (not that they ever helped me when I was in warranty and asked them for help). I hope that there are polite people on here who will be able to be of assistance to myself: 1. Sometimes, when I...