Windows 10: I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this

Discus and support I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is broken and its all updated and I reset and it works but I do have the network drivers for it on the USB I don't have mouse drivers this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew CHAU, Aug 8, 2024.

1. I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this

My laptop is broken and its all updated and I reset and it works but I do have the network drivers for it on the USB I don't have mouse drivers this was from my surface cam

:)

Andrew CHAU, Aug 8, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 8, 2024
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Aug 8, 2024
  4. I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Aug 8, 2024
Thema:

I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this

1. I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this - Similar Threads - reset laptop cuz

2. I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my laptop cuz it keeps shuting down randomly im on my surface pro To do this: My laptop is broken and its all updated and I reset and it works but I do have the network drivers for it on the USB I don't have mouse drivers this was from my surface cam...
  3. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.: It started with not going in to sleep mode, just shutting down. Now it is shutting down in the middle of me working. It freezes, then there is a brief flash prior to shutting down. Help!...
  4. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.: It started with not going in to sleep mode, just shutting down. Now it is shutting down in the middle of me working. It freezes, then there is a brief flash prior to shutting down. Help!...
  5. My Surface Pro 7 keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC keeps shuting down, faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shuting down, faster: Hi,My PC randomly crashed, while i was playing CP77.I then restarted it, which worked, but it would keep turning off, just going out like pulling the power supply.This would keep happening faster, so less and less time between starting and just turning off, not even fully...
  7. My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself: This has happened at least 5 times in the past year, and it's becoming a massive issue considering I'm going into year 11 next year. I'm running version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1165 on the education thing from my school. My computer freezes and doesn't accept any input whatsoever...
  8. My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself

My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself: This has happened at least 5 times in the past year, and it's becoming a massive issue considering I'm going into year 11 next year. I'm running version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1165 on the education thing from my school. My computer freezes and doesn't accept any input whatsoever...
  9. My laptop surface pro 4 keeps factory resetting itself

10. Laptop suddenly shuting down

Laptop suddenly shuting down: After I have installed and run a software called 'Advance System RepairPRO Ver', my laptops' noise increase and randomly shuts down. But before I have installed the said software, my laptop already has this problem. While searching for a possible solution, I've encountered...